Sign in to follow this  
H1nd

Starting a Huge QB gets stuck at 83%

Anyone else running in to this sort of problem? 

Seems like the game simply can't handle large maps and huge quick battle troop numbers and freezes during loading at 83% "read data". 

I don't know where the "watershed" is but I run in to problems with what I consider to be quite reasonable amount of troops. Defenders stripped down BTR/BMB battlegroup and some extra tank support and attackers with full BMP battlegroup and company of extra tank and recon support. I mean this is about max you can get with the HUGE QB points and I dont see any reason why the game would be unable to handle these troop numbers even if the map is large since we have scenarios that load quite reasonably with larger OOBs. I also tried dropping graphics down to lowest settings but it does not help at all. 

Edit: and I should clarify that i'm trying to set up hotseat game. I asume this problem would also affect pbem games as well. 

-H1nd

Edited by H1nd

I have tried waiting for quite a long time :> it's odd tho that same map, and same units load quite easily as a scenario but QB causes problems. 

H1nd,

If you add more RAM to your rig, that will help considerably. When I went from 4 GB to 12 GB of RAM, load times, for both the game and the QBs, plummeted, though mine weren't giant but were on large maps. The performance improvement was especially marked when I started playing around with the tree rich CMFB, which really wouldn't load at all with only 4 GB and barely loaded with 8 GB installed. Unfortunately, there's no fix for my pathetic 256 MB of VRAM ATI Radeon 4670  video card!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Sign in to follow this