Resecuring the Ring - Kandahar Province

Gone a bit quiet in here over the past few days so here's something to whet your appetite. I'm not quite sure how this mission will look in its final form but the essence of it will be similar to my recent Qarmat Ali mission. It is designed to be fairly beer and pretzels and the design motivations were driven by

1. An area on Google Earth that I thought might make an interesting mission.

2. I've always wanted to do a mission featuring the Canadians.

No history involved here, so this is a representative action set in Kandahar Province.

The following image shows real and CMSF maps laid side by side (area is 731m x 652m):

59255aaa0e2a5_ResecuringtheRingMaps.jpg.69e14a35b03782659fc57f86c2fe3881.jpg

In terms of development progress, the map needs some minor final touches and I've tested one mission concept which I think needs a bit of a rescrub.

4 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Gone a bit quiet in here over the past few days so here's something to whet your appetite. I'm not quite sure how this mission will look in its final form but the essence of it will be similar to my recent Qarmat Ali mission.  It is designed to be fairly beer and pretzels 

Cool.  I haven't played many missions involving Canadians.  I'll have the wife pick up some more beer and pretzels. :)

True re: the quite. Unfort. I'm correcting three projects of my students back home, and need full attention to get them secure a good mark in Univ. 

I promise to have more details very soon. Thanks guys 

and yes, Impressive Map :) Was this the one you had in mind for the 'Lions' @Combatintman ?

1 hour ago, SLIM said:

Every time I see a thread with your name on it, instant read.

Thanks mate - I would guess that it is because I try and offer information/advice or talk about my scenario projects rather than bang on about politics or get bent out of shape about things that are not exactly how I want them in the game. So thanks for your support and I will try and stay off your ignore list.

Anyway ... back to the editor ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 3:02 PM, Combatintman said:

Guys, there will be a delay on this one - I lost my Father yesterday so I have to make a fairly long and difficult trip to Europe and will be there for a while. Normal service will resume on my return in about a month or so.

So sorry my friend.  Travel safely. 

On 7/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, Combatintman said:

Guys, there will be a delay on this one - I lost my Father yesterday so I have to make a fairly long and difficult trip to Europe and will be there for a while. Normal service will resume on my return in about a month or so.

Take care & stay safe man

On 04/07/2017 at 10:02 PM, Combatintman said:

I am sorry to read this, please accept my condolences.