Confused customer

Hello. I own Combat Mission Shock Force with all upgrades and Combat Mission Battle for Normandy with the 2.0 and the Commenwealth upgrade for some years now.
I want to buy Combat Mission Red Thunder and Final Blitzkrieg and bring CMBN, CMRT and CMFB up to the new 4.0 Engine.
It seems this requires a 3.0 Engine upgrade too.
There is a bundle for the 4.0 upgrade:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=604&category_id=38&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
But I can´t find the 3.0 upgrade in the shop:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=38&Itemid=26
I would prefer a bundle for this too, I don´t want to buy 15$ for every upgrade of 3 games, which will cost 45$ only to be able to use a bundle upgrade which costs 25$ on top of it.
And will the 3.0 upgrade require a 2.0 upgrade for the CMRT and CMFB version which I want to buy new too? I can´t even find 2.0 upgrades, similar to the 3.0 upgrade for CMRT and CMFB.
Where do I get this if it is required? This will costs hundreds of Dollars in the end, what is the cheapest way to get it, or how can I get it at all? Some required upgrades are not available in the store.

I also think about buying CMBS, but this is getting a bit expensive here all together...

EDIT: I have seen I bought the CMBN 3.0 Upgrade a while ago.

Edited by Dr.Fusselpulli

3 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Hello. I own Combat Mission Shock Force with all upgrades and Combat Mission Battle for Normandy with the 2.0 and the Commenwealth upgrade for some years now.
I want to buy Combat Mission Red Thunder and Final Blitzkrieg and bring CMBN, CMRT and CMFB up to the new 4.0 Engine.
It seems this requires a 3.0 Engine upgrade too.
There is a bundle for the 4.0 upgrade:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=604&category_id=38&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
But I can´t find the 3.0 upgrade in the shop:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=38&Itemid=26
I would prefer a bundle for this too, I don´t want to buy 15$ for every upgrade of 3 games, which will cost 45$ only to be able to use a bundle upgrade which costs 25$ on top of it.
And will the 3.0 upgrade require a 2.0 upgrade for the CMRT and CMFB version which I want to buy new too? I can´t even find 2.0 upgrades, similar to the 3.0 upgrade for CMRT and CMFB.
Where do I get this if it is required? This will costs hundreds of Dollars in the end, what is the cheapest way to get it, or how can I get it at all? Some required upgrades are not available in the store.

I also think about buying CMBS, but this is getting a bit expensive here all together...

EDIT: I have seen I bought the CMBN 3.0 Upgrade a while ago.

If you already have the games and you buy the big V4.0 bundle, you will get all files you need in one shot.

However, you will need the old activation codes to activate the games under V4.0. E.g., for CMBN, you install the V4.0, then enter your V3.0 activation code and then the codes for all modules you have.

If you do not own any old versions, it's a different story, of course. Then you will need to buy not the upgrade, but new base games. They come as V4.0 and you do not need anything else.

To make a long story short: The big upgrade bundle only makes sense, if you already have all base games. 

Ah, okay. This is a big difference. I only own CMBN (And Shock Force) right now. So I have to buy only the CMBN 4.0 Upgrade? Thats affordable. Thank you.
It might be a bit complicated to find the activation code for CMBN of course. It is updated to 3.0
Will I need to have the 3.0 key then? Or the old original key for the 1.0 version?

Edited by Dr.Fusselpulli

2 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Ah, okay. This is a big difference. I only own CMBN (And Shock Force) right now. So I have to buy only the CMBN 4.0 Upgrade? Thats affordable. Thank you.
It might be a bit complicated to find the activation code for CMBN of course. It is updated to 3.0
Will I need to have the 3.0 key then? Or the old original key for the 1.0 version?

Yes, if you only have BN, you only need to buy the BN V4.0 upgrade. I think it is 10 USD, or so...

Nope, you need the V3 code. The old codes won't work. 

You should find the old key in your personal customer account. Otherwise, create a ticket and ask the help desk. They are normally very responsive and can sort such things out quickly.

1 hour ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Thank you, that was very helpful :)
I think I already found the V3.0 code.

EDIT: Okay, Battlefrond now has another 130$ from my pocket. :)
Hope they will use it to make an 80s WW3 scenario at some time in the future... just a dream...

Don't worry. It is for a good cause. And will help to reduce the trade deficit. ?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Really? What makes it so much better than the WW2 parts?

Well, people like the advanced technology and it's implications on game play.

"Greatest game" is very relative, any way. Reasonably, my bet for "best game" would be chess. 

But then, there are so many others, which I seem to like better. When I play them at the right time, with the right mindset.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:26 PM, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Really? What makes it so much better than the WW2 parts?

maybe a slight exageration on my part but.....

modern day, westernised landscape brings a chilling reality

intensity, stay put not an option, movement=high risk, low margins of error

you have to be tactically spot on in your decision making

modding community, do an exceptional job for additional sound and visual realism and then there's the tech which is generally pretty awesome.

Would love to see additional modules....Poles, Baltics, NATO, Scandanavian, Turkey

Fulda Gap/Team Yankee, Kursk would be earlier titles I'd look forward to, but I buy 90% of what they produce regardless.