Can Set-Up zone colours be altered?

Sorry if this noob. Have real difficulty with Russians as the bright red counters on a bright red set up zone causing eye strain (am old). Have looked through unpacked files but can't seem to find what I'm looking for as would like to play with set-up zone colours and hopefully tone them down if possible.

True the setup zones and cover arc colours are not moddable.

The icons are though. My Russian icons are red too but you could take an existing mod and tweak the blue version to be for the Russians. At least for the setup turns. See my signature for links or search for other choices here: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?tag=floating-icons

• 1 month later...

Sure wish they were a simple set of outlines instead of a very dangerous terrain feature blurring color block or set thereof. Martian red is bad, but the purple is worse. Both can lead to sudden and needless pixel deaths. Call this experience based!  In the past, I've asked if the color saturation could be reduced. No joy on that score, either. I don't recall CMx1 setup zones as being so terrain obscuring. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler