2 hours ago, RCE_Spr said:

It was a hill the Russians built up when they were there.  The Canadian's occupied it as a FOB as you can see it is the high ground.  The circle, if I remember from my time there was a weapon pit for Artillery or perhaps a tank.  Anything west of that FOB was called the bad lands, if you were looking for a fight just travel west for a bit you would find it, but that was all after OP MEDUSA.  There are several similar mounds the Russians built while they were in the area, we mostly avoided them as they were heavily mined by the Taliban, as well there were/are Russian legacy minefields in the area to the North of the AO but we never took any chances, Engineers were invaluable and were on every patrol, there were never enough of them.

Quality information.....Cheers!  B)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, Combatintman said:

Not to my knowledge - AFAIK it still sits in the good ideas box.

Ehhhh. Exactly still in good ideas old box. I was the instigator and dreamer but not a doer. Now that summer is approaching I might have a change of heart. This and another I wish / 13hrs - soldiers of benghazi. I know consulate evac is close - but damn... 13 hrs.... contains a beauty of a mix and two areas. The embassy and the CIA annex wit four buildings . Tyrone Woods and with glen Doherty coming in later as reinforcements. 

I would think the uncons would fit for ansar al sharia too.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

For use as OpMaps, StratMaps, TacMaps etc. just screendump the image, save it as a .bmp and resize as needed.

Sadly you can't use the map image as an overlay like you can in the newer titles.

So now this.... with CMSFII can be REVISITED ?