Any interest in Uniform Pack?

Now that FI is up to 4.0 engine I have started playing it again after a long period of mostly FB. It struck me how much more detailed the stock uniforms are in FB when I saw the FI ones again. I guess (no expert) that uniform mods can only be so good as the base textures are. So my idea is what if BFC created a uniform pack for FI to make the game look even better. I would sure pay for one. Any interest out there? What would a fair price be? 10 bucks would definitely be in my price range.

FI has the least community content of all the WWII titles and uniform mods are not plentiful. I usually always take a look at new mods and decide if I think they are an improvement or not. Sure, there are some really good ones, like Aris' Germans and a couple of HG and FJ mods. But my point was (and I love to be proven wrong by some talented modders) that if the base texture provided by BFC is not of the same quality as for the most recent titles, then the mod can only improve so much. No one has done mods completely from scratch, right? And if BFC would produce enhanced uniform base textures then mods can improve even more. But the lack of mods for FB is a testament to the higher quality of the base textures. Not the same need for mods I think.

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

I really hope the HG gets oakleaf smocks and white collar tabs in the new update. They're wearing Field Division uniforms right now in Italy!

I'm agree with you. I believe that next update we'll receive thousand of new uniforms options and updates for those which are ingame. I'm wondering if germans will receive M44 uniform now that game will expand the timeframe to end of war.

On 6.5.2017 at 11:57 PM, rocketman said:

Now that FI is up to 4.0 engine I have started playing it again after a long period of mostly FB. It struck me how much more detailed the stock uniforms are in FB when I saw the FI ones again. I guess (no expert) that uniform mods can only be so good as the base textures are. So my idea is what if BFC created a uniform pack for FI to make the game look even better. I would sure pay for one. Any interest out there? What would a fair price be? 10 bucks would definitely be in my price range.

I would love to have the uniforms in a uniform quality (Sorry, I simply had to put it this way. ?).

I mean, in FI I am using Aris brilliant uniform mod for the Germans, but there is nothing comparable for the other nationalities. Which looks somewhat awkward on the screen.

16 hours ago, rocketman said:

I don't know if I imagine things but there seem to be more stretched textures in the uniforms in FI than in FB, no matter if modded or not.

I've run into this problem! I modded the Luftwaffe uniforms to have white piping, cuff titles and collar tabs and it always looks off.

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

I've run into this problem! I modded the Luftwaffe uniforms to have white piping, cuff titles and collar tabs and it always looks off.

I have tried to mod shoulder patches onto uniforms (FB) and noted that they tend to stretch and it seems to be due to the 3D-model that the uniform texture/skin is wrapped around. Maybe the 3D-model in FI are less detailed than in FB, causing stretching to be more pronounced?

30 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

If we ask nicely maybe BFC could include updated uniforms for the previous formations in the release of the next (last) module for CMFI...

That would be a nice supprise ! :)

Great idea!, but I'm sure that BF will update the uniforms to the standard quality which is visible in FB. After update to 4.0 engine, you can see in quick battle  much more options that before for uniforms (but not selectable yet).
My two cents that in  'Rome to Victory' we'll can select uniforms tropical, camo or 'continental', for the same troops types and, for sure, with higher quality.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:45 AM, DougPhresh said:

What would have been a typical uniform for German troops under Albert Kesselring command. Unfortunately i dont have one in my Dragon figure collection to use as a model

13 hours ago, J Bennett said:

Are we seeing too much tropical uniforms in CMFI. Should they be wearing more field grey for Army and maybe some more splinter smocks for falschirm.

Many tropical uniforms, or mixed parts of them, were used together with feldgrau pieces by germans on Sicily and South Italy, you can see it in contemporary pictures. Sure that when the front will move to the north in next module, the uniforms will be more and more similar to the France and Eastern Front uniforms.
While it is true that there are too many tropical boots for my liking. This shoes were more common in North Afrika than in Italy, where was more frequently to use ankle boots (with or whitout gaiters).

On 2017-05-14 at 7:43 PM, J Bennett said:

What would have been a typical uniform for German troops under Albert Kesselring command. Unfortunately i dont have one in my Dragon figure collection to use as a model

v7VzszR.png

tYpoIcD.png

yWrJaQt.png

Notice how the HG uniforms are different than the Field Divisions!