Slow speed

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been talk of increasing the crawl speed for infantry? It seems like when they are in open flat terrain they could hustle a little faster. Not a huge increase, just 15 or 20 percent. I think the current speed is completely appropriate when there is brush or other low encumbrances.

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Not sure about speed.  But, have wondered if SLOW move tires people just bit too quickly considering these are young guys in the peak of fitness.

speak for yourself, my pixeltruppen are decrepit old men pulled out of retirement where they were sunning their rotund bellies on Miami beach while scarfing down plates of garlic fries.  At least that is what it seems like.

I don't have a problem with the tiring effect, but to me it only makes sense if they're crawling through woods or brush (which in reality is extremely taxing and frustrating, coming from someone who has gone hunting on occasion in Alabama) or if they're crawling pretty quickly. With all their gear I'm sure a quick crawl would be that tiring, and distances are always further on the ground than they seem from the camera. At the moment though, it's more of a slow sneaky crawl, and that's easy to keep up for a more extended period than seen in game.

CMx2 games could very well do with a Movement Speed audit.

Along with Crawl (as mentioned in previous posts), many crewed weapons are in dire need of a boost. As it stands, all of them seem to move at a snail's pace, even a piece as light as an Lg.40 (~150kg) on good ground (paved road) and fully crewed! (does crew count have an impact on movement speed? That would be interesting). 

In my opinion, a good (and simple) solution would be to make the Quick command available for sufficiently light carriages, but make the crew's Stamina drain very high.

This seems a pretty simple test...

Throw 40-50 lbs on your back and measure yourself at various paces and distances.  You should quickly see how close to realistic the pace in CM is.  

Also, physical fitness varied quite a bit between countries, branches, unit types, and even length of service.  

19 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

This seems a pretty simple test...

Throw 40-50 lbs on your back and measure yourself at various paces and distances.  You should quickly see how close to realistic the pace in CM is.    

Don't forget to get some friends to shoot off some live ammo and throw pipe-bombs around too.....Realism is everything.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 4/30/2017 at 8:42 PM, delliejonut said:

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been talk of increasing the crawl speed for infantry? It seems like when they are in open flat terrain they could hustle a little faster. Not a huge increase, just 15 or 20 percent. I think the current speed is completely appropriate when there is brush or other low encumbrances.

Yes it's been discussed before. A little girl with big eyes asked the same question last year.