Scenarios and campaigns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/29/2017 at 11:07 PM, nightops said:

Erwin, I've messaged you your new gmail account details and you can access my Google Drive folder below once logged in. Note, this Combat Mission folder is open to everyone to access and download/upload scenarios to. You will need a gmail account though to access it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B0HhNCJWAbKmcUF0VHRERzdvYTA

howdy, looks like we need access to this folder now.

3 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

howdy, looks like we need access to this folder now.

Back online now. Someone got their knickers in a knot before they actually bothered to work out that the battlepacks while downloadable can only be accessed via license key anyway.

As Erwin said: no good deed goes unpunished...

6 hours ago, nightops said:

Back online now. Someone got their knickers in a knot before they actually bothered to work out that the battlepacks while downloadable can only be accessed via license key anyway.

As Erwin said: no good deed goes unpunished...

So presumably you have contacted those content authors who may have placed restrictions on redistribution and requested their permission to distribute their content?  If I was in your shoes I wouldn't be so blasé about it.

13 hours ago, nightops said:

Someone got their knickers in a knot before they actually bothered to work out that the battlepacks while downloadable can only be accessed via license key anyway.

Actually someone was concerned the pair of you were going to wind up in the s**t and get yourselves banned, frankly nightops I couldn't care less, but Erwin's been a good friend so I was watching his back.....I've already paid for all the Battlepack scenarios so the copy protection issue doesn't show up for me.  :mellow:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

All's well that ends well, as they say.....It's a good idea, but seeing all that Battlepack content filled me with foreboding, mebbe a little content filtering?  ;)

I think there are still a couple of misplaced files in the CMBN section too (IIRC there are two '.bts' files) BTW. 

Hi ladies. Just a quick quick question. Can someone remind me , now that CMFI has been upped to 4.0, and that the first battle pack for CMBS is also out. What is next on the roadmap? (I'm hinting at CMSFII of course) thanks guys

Edited by borg

22 hours ago, Combatintman said:

So presumably you have contacted those content authors who may have placed restrictions on redistribution and requested their permission to distribute their content?  If I was in your shoes I wouldn't be so blasé about it.

Sure, I'm going to make this my life's project to do just that.

Actually, all I did was kindly make my google drive available for the uploading and downloading of free, publicly available content to be shared in the community. Beyond that I don't give two ****s about bed wetters, anal retentives, know-it-alls and ****house lawyers. If someone has an issue with their content being on the drive they can download the archive, remove their content, and then nicely reupload the modified archive. If they don't know how to do that then they don't have any business using a computer or being on the internets <sic>.

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Actually someone was concerned the pair of you were going to wind up in the s**t and get yourselves banned, frankly nightops I couldn't care less, but Erwin's been a good friend so I was watching his back.....I've already paid for all the Battlepack scenarios so the copy protection issue doesn't show up for me.  :mellow:

Actually threatening me when I told you to advise Erwin and he would be only too happy to sort out any issue with copyrighted content sort of goes beyond "concern" it goes into meddling in things you have no business in. Fact is I'm sure that if there were an issue someone that actually works for BattleFront ie draws pay from the organization, would have sent me and Erwin a message and the matter would have been sorted without fuss or threats. As I said last night, I'd had a long day after a long week so the last thing I was going to do at that hour was **** with modifying and reuploading archives when you could have done exactly that yourself without the fuss.

A bit of forethought and research before opening one's mouth always goes a long way, Grasshopper...

Come on guys ! Let's keep this civil - all content is fantastic ! & the more we share the better ! More expo if u like.

But lets also be sure to respect author wishes ? If that is possible.

the forum & community here is second to none. 

Threatening you?  :lol:

How in god's name does one threaten someone on the internet.....Are you afraid I might throw an adjective at you?  :D

This is, I believe, what is known as a misunderstanding.....I genuinely did have your interests at heart, whether you choose to accept that is entirely up to you.  :mellow:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Threatening you?  :lol:

How in god's name does one threaten someone on the internet.....Are you afraid I might throw an adjective at you?  :D

This is, I believe, what is known as a misunderstanding.....I genuinely did have your interests at heart, whether you choose to accept that is entirely up to you.  :mellow:

No, not physically FFS - and even then I don't scare that easily. Anyway, I don't want to rehash this again and so as we agreed in PM, all is good and let's move on...

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Cool.....Moving on.  B)

BTW, I still think your idea is a good one, but some filtering might be worthwhile.

Filtering is fine but it's up to the uploaders (or something you can do). I just don't have the time to spare, wish I did...