Ukrainian Side is Seriously Underpowered

10 hours ago, Haiduk said:

KRAZ trucks and medical "Bohdans" on photo are really new vehicles %) GurKhan is known Russian propagandist with biased articles %) 

I dont think that KRAZ and Bohdans will be leading the attack, but i might be wrong :) 

As Rinaldi mentioned - DIGI is fashion :)

And every non-ukrainian source ist propaganda of course :)

8 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

I dont think that KRAZ and Bohdans will be leading the attack, but i might be wrong :) 

As Rinaldi mentioned - DIGI is fashion :)

And every non-ukrainian source ist propaganda of course :)

Then let the author will paste photo with BMP-1 and T-72AV and irony about "new". This will be more fair. Not every non-ukrainian, LA for example quite normal, but GurKhan is ridiculos propagandist, known devotee of UVZ and "Russian world"

Edited by Haiduk

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Some brighter news from the 'propagandist with biased articles', Gur Khan:

http://gurkhan.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/blog-post_44.html#more

Looks like @Oleksandr may have been proved right (assuming it actually happens).  ;)

This news already have a little beard, very strange that GurKhan only now cryes "alarm-alarm" %) First tanks already really in service, but this is long-time upgrading program - how to improve capabilities of T-64BV in most fastest and cheapest way. GurKhan mented only about new thermal sight (and pointed incorrect type), but upgraded tank has some other features - GPS navigation and Nozh ERA in K-1 containers. Upgraded tank as I know hasn't any different markings after "BV", and visually it can be recognized only by inner SMART type GPS antenna in back part of the turret

%D0%97%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%96%D1%88%D0%

@Haiduk I've been playing the Brutal scenario, but modified to give UKR BTR-4Es.

Even then I find it still a tough fight v RUS. Of course, my next adjustment will be to give RUS a lot more artillery.

How prevalent is BTR-4E now? Does UKR intend to eventually  make it the backbone of its MRBs? Or is it a stopgap

Actually, for Haiduk or anyone else knowledgeable about artillery - I find many scenarios in CMBS have a very low level of FS, compared to my impression of current levels of FS in the Donbass alone.

For example, Brutal has a single mortar battery available to the UKR and just two to RUS. But my reading of current RUS approach is to allocate more than that, especially to an urban fight.

I understand that there can be very different levels of FS for different actions depending on the operational plan. Plus, Brutal does not use the full RUS/UKR brigades, but lets say this (Brutal) is a high priority assault. What would be a realistic UKR and/or RUS FS level? 

My instinct says UKR could commit the Brgde level FS (2 x 152mm batts) but that RUS could be at least twice that.

How far off am I?

30 minutes ago, kinophile said:

How prevalent is BTR-4E now? Does UKR intend to eventually  make it the backbone of its MRBs? Or is it a stopgap

Army is using about 20 or some more BTR-4 of all modifications. Two companies in 92nd brigade and small number in 25th airborne. About 50 is using National Guard. In this year as if expects full battalion kit of BTR-4 for army. Now also BTR-4MV1 is testing. But I don't think this APC will be backbone of mech.units. On our terrain, especially in spring and autumn heavy wheeled APC have big chance to bog, so there is no alternative to tracked BMPs. I think, with current funding and factories capabilities, only 92nd brigade, single from "pre-war formation" brigades, armed with APCs, will gradually arming with BTR-4 - all three battaliones.  And this can take 2-3 years. 

About FS... I didn't see Brutal scenario, but, yes, for fierce defense/assault actions, one mortar battery is too few.  

Edited by Haiduk

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Until I actually do, I shall remain sceptical.

Hm... Then you need to steal one container and look what lays inside %) I have no more ideas how to prove it %) Main issue of Nozh ERA from tankers - impossiblity of mounting new block instead activated by the forces of brigade repair company. After hit a tank need to move to the Kharkiv tank factory anyway as if it would dameged. Nozh ERA modules, packing in K-1 containers solve this problem - its can be replaced even by the crew. 

Edited by Haiduk

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Haiduk said:

Army is using about 20 or some more BTR-4 of all modifications. Two companies in 92nd brigade and small number in 25th airborne. About 50 is using National Guard. In this year as if expects full battalion kit of BTR-4 for army. Now also BTR-4MV1 is testing. But I don't think this APC will be backbone of mech.units. On our terrain, especially in spring and autumn heavy wheeled APC have big chance to bog, so there is no alternative to tracked BMPs. I think, with current funding and factories capabilities, only 92nd brigade, single from "pre-war formation" brigades, armed with APCs, will gradually arming with BTR-4 - all three battaliones.  And this can take 2-3 years. 

About FS... I didn't see Brutal scenario, but, yes, for fierce defense/assault actions, one mortar battery is too few.  

Interesting from the perspective of CMBS backstory and Stryker deployment.  One wonders about their effective mobility in seasonal bad weather.

Ukraine is probably my favourite faction in BS, because of the underdog feel. It still has good, solid, equipment, only lacking modern dandy tech. For a person who finds the Cold War era more interesting than the modern era, it is a treat to work with the upgraded T-64s and the 100mm anti-tank guns. It requires you to be pretty crafty. If you know your equipment, you will best opposing tech. Now, if you really want a challenge -- try playing Ukraine versus US Army. It really feels good to destroy their expensive toys with remixed old-school charm or get smitten in a nanosecond.

This being said, I do think Ukraine should get some of their upgraded T-72s and Russia should get T-80s. A dream come true would be M60s (or L7 M1s) for the US, xD.

18 hours ago, sburke said:

Interesting from the perspective of CMBS backstory and Stryker deployment.  One wonders about their effective mobility in seasonal bad weather.

BTR-4E has a mass on 4 tons (or on 9 tons with additional armor plates) more than Striker, but more powerful engine.

Well known situation with bogging caused during withdrawal from Debaltsevo. In the darkness small convoy of combined company of National Guard 2nd brigade drove on unknown terrain (they afraid to move by the rural road). Forward BTR-4E bogged in deep dirt or swampy ground and could do nothing. The "Raptor" - armored KRAZ truck tried to tow it on the hard ground, but also bogged (other vesion says it bogged together with APC). Even the tank, which arrived for aid couldn't save BTR-4. Because there was a fear that enemy could pursuit convoy and could appear itself soon, both bogged vehicles were burnt. Photo of both form Lostarmor

id5367-08.jpg

Edited by Haiduk

This is how they plan to take back the coal mines of the DonBas.

No, this is not the prototype...these three men will do it all! Balls. Big balls like lumps of coal. Or something. ;)

But, yeah, totally looks like a trainer for firing on the move. A cable in front, a cable in back. 

• 2 weeks later...