Ukrainian Side is Seriously Underpowered

Haiduk,

What's the word on this AFV, please? I presume that because it's fitted with the "Barrier" ATGM it's Ukrainian. Is this true? Is it in service or merely a concept demonstrator?

tumblr_oqpxicn7hl1rqpszmo1_500.jpg

MT-LBM with combat module “Shkval” - 30-mm ZTM-1 automatic gun, coaxial 7.62-mm machine gun KT-7.62 mm, two anti-tank missiles “Barrier”, 30-mm automatic grenade launcher AG-17 and six 81-mm smoke grenade launchers.

Image and Text Credit: bmashina.tumblr.com/page/25

Regards,

John Kettler

18 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Haiduk,

What's the word on this AFV, please? I presume that because it's fitted with the "Barrier" ATGM it's Ukrainian. Is this true? Is it in service or merely a concept demonstrator?

Concept. But due to renewing of MTLB manufacturing on Kharkiv's tractor factory it looks more real vehicle, which can substitute BMP park in nearest furure, than realiztion of heavy IFV projects.

You should ask BMP-1U, about 20-30 BMP-1U were used by Georgia in 2008. UkrArmy got about 10-12 BMP-1U. Unfortunately, now they are being saved as far as possible from war.

From point of view of fictional storyline, It'd be reasonably to upgrade some BMP-1. This IFV was involved in 2008-war, so i think it would be logical to add BMP-1U in the game.

P.S. I have a question. Why does the ukrainian 2S1 have russian ''Kitolov''?

Edited by Sophist_13

1 hour ago, Sophist_13 said:

P.S. I have a question. Why does the ukrainian 2S1 have russian ''Kitolov''?

Hm... Really. And also UKR 2B11 still use guided Gran'. This was reported bug and as if fixed in 2,00. But now I open 2.10 and see this bug again. So, I have again reported. Thanks

Edited by Haiduk

Iran/Iraq is not a decent exmple of Modern peer-to-peer warfare. 

Minus PGM, long range ATGM and tactical aerial surveillance, which are so central to modern attack/defense, it was basically a slight more advanced WW2 level regional fight. 

Edited by kinophile

10 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Hm... Really. And also UKR 2B11 still use guided Gran'. This was reported bug and as if fixed in 2,00. But now I open 2.10 and see this bug again. So, I have again reported. Thanks

Hm, it was fixed in 2.0? I play 2.0, i didn't buy 2.10 update.

And why does'nt ukranian 2S3M have ''Kvitnik''? 

Edited by Sophist_13

Sophist_13,

While I'm sure the firepower improvement is enormous, that turret is gigantic, being almost as tall as the entire fighting compartment. Have you got any other views of the BMP-1U, preferably from the side, so I can get a better sense of what it looks like? There is so much going on in that image, including the open hatch and the IR light picked out in distracting white paint trim, that it's hard to really see what that turret really looks like.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Sophist_13,

While I'm sure the firepower improvement is enormous, that turret is gigantic, being almost as tall as the entire fighting compartment. Have you got any other views of the BMP-1U, preferably from the side, so I can get a better sense of what it looks like? There is so much going on in that image, including the open hatch and the IR light picked out in distracting white paint trim, that it's hard to really see what that turret really looks like.

Regards,

John Kettler

BMP-1U_UKRAINA_05.jpg

bmp-russian-bmps-wallpaper.jpg

Yea, no more than 6 passangers in fighting compartment, but it would be better than old BMP-1\2. And 15-20 BMP-1U were used in Russian-Gergian War (2008). First photo - georgian BMP-1U captured by RUArmy. 

3 hours ago, Sophist_13 said:

Hm, it was fixed in 2.0? I play 2.0, i didn't buy 2.10 update.

And why does'nt ukranian 2S3M have ''Kvitnik''? 

Very sad to hear this, this issue was marked like "fixed in 2.00". I hope, next time BF will fix it REALLY.

Due to producing of Kvitnyk was stopped in 2014, and only several times it was used in initial phase of war, number of this ammunition was shorted and remained only for 2S19. 

6 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Very sad to hear this, this issue was marked like "fixed in 2.00". I hope, next time BF will fix it REALLY.

Due to producing of Kvitnyk was stopped in 2014, and only several times it was used in initial phase of war, number of this ammunition was shorted and remained only for 2S19. 

I know about it) But we have fictional storyline, all sides prepared to fight and it would be logical if Ukraine might use Kvitnik with 2S3M as well as 2S19. And I think, BF must give us the option of ammo for support.

Edited by Sophist_13

4 minutes ago, Sophist_13 said:

I know about it) But we have fictional storyline, all sides prepared to fight and it would be logical if Ukraine might use Kvitnik with 2S3M as well as 2S19. And I think, BF must give us the option of ammo for support.

Despite on storyline is fictional, TO&E builds acording to real conditions. Of course, first set of basegame equipment has some "fantasy" units, but it was forming in 2011-2012. Next module will be more close to reality.

Sophist_13,

Thanks much for the two additional pics, especially the first. The presumptive drop-in turret is about the height I named, but without open hatches, blaring paint and such, it doesn't like quite as gigantic, especially since it's parked in the "figure flattering" shade! 

Regards,

John Kettler

From skimming wikipedia, there are some Russian variants of the MT-LB I'd like to see. I don't know how I'd go about finding images of all of them, but I'm guessing they're similar to the MT-LBM-6MB already in game.

• MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MA3) - MT-LBM armed with four 9M133 Kornet ATGM launchers, 7.62 mm PKTM tank machine gun and an AGS-30 30 mm automatic grenade launcher.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB) - MT-LBM fitted with a turret from BTR-80A.
    • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB2) - MB armed with AGS-17 30 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB3) - MT-LBM armed with GSh-23V 23 mm, AGS-30 30 mm and "Kord" 12.7 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB4) - MT-LBM armed with GSh-30K 30 mm, AGS-30 30 mm and "Kord" 12.7 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB5) - MT-LBM armed with twin gun 23 or 30 mm, "Igla" SAM and equipped with improved sights.

21 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

From skimming wikipedia, there are some Russian variants of the MT-LB I'd like to see. I don't know how I'd go about finding images of all of them, but I'm guessing they're similar to the MT-LBM-6MB already in game.

• MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MA3) - MT-LBM armed with four 9M133 Kornet ATGM launchers, 7.62 mm PKTM tank machine gun and an AGS-30 30 mm automatic grenade launcher.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB) - MT-LBM fitted with a turret from BTR-80A.
    • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB2) - MB armed with AGS-17 30 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB3) - MT-LBM armed with GSh-23V 23 mm, AGS-30 30 mm and "Kord" 12.7 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB4) - MT-LBM armed with GSh-30K 30 mm, AGS-30 30 mm and "Kord" 12.7 mm.
  • MT-LBM (izdeliye 6MB5) - MT-LBM armed with twin gun 23 or 30 mm, "Igla" SAM and equipped with improved sights.

I think that the russians and the ukrainians should have MTLBM with AGS, MTLBM with NSVT\Kord, both sides use it.

• 3 months later...

kinophile,

Dreadfully sorry I somehow missed responding to what you said about peer-near peer warfare in Iraq vs Iran. That statement was solely made in characterizing the situation between those two countries, not in the macro sense of say, US vs Russia. Regret any confusion I inadvertently created.

Regards,

John Kettler