What this an 'upgrade' using the Upgrade installer or was this a 'Full' (from scratch) install using the 'full' installer ? I assume that this is a Windows installation, is that correct ? If it is Windows, what Windows version are you running ? Is this installation on a desktop or a laptop ? What video card/chip do you have and what drivers are installed ? Is this just the base game or do you also have the Gustav Line module ? What did you activate, the 3.0/4.0 Upgrade or did you also activate Gustav Line ? Are you loading a particular scenario or campaign or is this a Quick Battle ? If it is a Quick Battle, what were the settings you used and what forces did you pick (formations, etc.) and what map did you select ?

17 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

What this an 'upgrade' using the Upgrade installer or was this a 'Full' (from scratch) install using the 'full' installer ? I assume that this is a Windows installation, is that correct ? If it is Windows, what Windows version are you running ? Is this installation on a desktop or a laptop ? What video card/chip do you have and what drivers are installed ? Is this just the base game or do you also have the Gustav Line module ? What did you activate, the 3.0/4.0 Upgrade or did you also activate Gustav Line ? Are you loading a particular scenario or campaign or is this a Quick Battle ? If it is a Quick Battle, what were the settings you used and what forces did you pick (formations, etc.) and what map did you select ?

Yes it's an upgrade of the full game including Gustav line.  It's on a gamming laptop, which is running all the other CM titles properly without any bother it's a Nvidea gtx 1050 ti.  I've tried with scenarios and quick battles.  Same result.  I'm on Window 10.

Would it be best to totally uninstall FI and then re install?

Thank you  for your reply.

I'm not @Schrullenhaft so he might have more and better ideas. I'm going to predict though that his first ask is going to be "is the graphics card for running CMFI set to be the Nvidia card?" If you try to use the card built into the mother board it will frequently not end well.

I know with my past note book I had to set the game .exe to use the high power graphics card. You probably already know this but here are instructions: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

After much mucking about I decided to uninstall and re install the Full download.  Bingo, all working now.  Quite what the difference I don't know but I ain't complaining.

Thanks Guys for the inputs.

Just upgraded and I'm getting a CTD the second the game begins to load. Activated successfully. Clicked the 'play' button then seconds later CTD. Same from the desktop icon.

Are there other CM games on this computer that are running fine ? Are they upgrade to Engine 4.0 ? Is this a Mac or PC ? If PC, which version of Windows ? Is this a laptop or a desktop and what is the primary video card/chip ? How long ago did the game run fine on this computer ? You may want to go into your security software and possibly remove and re-add the game executable to the any exception lists (since the file is different now - it may not be recognized as being the same). If this is a laptop, you may want to make sure that the game is running on the GPU and not the integrated (assuming Intel) video, which may not work with CM.

22 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Are there other CM games on this computer that are running fine ? Are they upgrade to Engine 4.0 ? Is this a Mac or PC ? If PC, which version of Windows ? Is this a laptop or a desktop and what is the primary video card/chip ? How long ago did the game run fine on this computer ? You may want to go into your security software and possibly remove and re-add the game executable to the any exception lists (since the file is different now - it may not be recognized as being the same). If this is a laptop, you may want to make sure that the game is running on the GPU and not the integrated (assuming Intel) video, which may not work with CM.

Have all the other CM titles - all fully upgraded and working properly. Have had CMFI and add-ons since their release with no issues.

Will try a clean full install.