Enemy mortars visible in trajectory?

16 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The assistant should chuck the odd firework in there too, get that gunpowder and singed flesh smell going. 

Actually, I was thinking about a grenade now and then. Just to get that high level of anxiety so essential to the true combat experience.

Michael

6 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

This is all really funny, but we do agree that we generally enjoy that this game is already quite realistic, right?

And no, I am not asking for "perfect realism". But I think realism often makes the game more fun and challenging to play.

Yes, very valid point. Compared to fantasy FPS games with health monitors and power ups more realism is better and this game takes it quite far.

So, we are talking about just how far to go or not go.

10 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

This is all really funny, but we do agree that we generally enjoy that this game is already quite realistic, right?

Nothing else comes close.....IMHO.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Personally I'd be happy with v.4 up to May '45 or back to Sept '39. 

Why so narrow a scope, I reckon the engine could do mid 1930s to late 2020s as it stands.....If BF write 'em, I'll buy 'em.  B) 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

16 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

And no, I am not asking for "perfect realism". But I think realism often makes the game more fun and challenging to play.

Sure. In fact, over the years I have been one of those voices advocating cleaning up at various points to improve and increase realism. Mostly by making sharp distinctions between what happened in the real war versus what naïve players think happened based on what they have seen in their favorite war movies. The two are usually incommensurable.

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I am going to assume that you meant to write 'parabola'. An elliptical trajectory could prove to be *ahem* embarrassing.

;)

Michael

Nope - ellipse spread of round impacts on the turf viewable by player from above.

57 minutes ago, Wicky said:

Nope - ellipse spread of round impacts on the turf viewable by player from above.

Ah, okay, I see what you are saying. I thought at first you meant that the rounds traveled in an elliptical trajectory and it struck me as odd that you would make such a mistake. Glad you didn't and my apologies for misreading you.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys