CMA Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Cheers.....It's actually the AI pathfinding doing that, I just grabbed each group by double clicking and gave them very coarse movement commands. 

That's why I liked that image so much, the engine took something ugly that I did and made something rather elegant out of it.....That's the opposite of what usually happens!  ;)

Not me mate.....The sun has started to come up while the fight continues (and there's explosions).  ;)

PS - It may not end well for my Mujahideen if they are still running around in broad daylight.  :unsure:

PPS - I think this may well be the penultimate testing variant of this scenario, I've already tweaked both sides for better balance since this one was finished. I plan on writing two more AI plans, but the plans are very simple, this scenario can be extremely brutal already, especially if the player does not come up with a sensible plan of action before clicking 'Go'. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Despite an ongoing struggle with 'Out Of memory Errors' (which seem much more prevalent on my Win10 machine than they were on its Win7 predecessor), testing of 'Winter of Discontent' continues.....Hizb-e-Islami forces have reached the town mosque, the fighting for the building has been rather heavy:

9PYL2cy.jpg

The left wing of the building is still in enemy hands.....I think there's only a dude with an LMG in there, but it cost me two more valiant Mujahideen to find that out!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Did I mention that the fighting in the mosque was kind of heavy?  :o

HAfCDC6.jpg

What's behind the fun door?

vnwCqA8.jpg

Sarandoy.....With PPSh SMGs!  :(

PS - The mosque is a preserve objective and I've already blown a couple of holes in it to avoid having to use the front door.....These two would long ago have gone to meet their maker (accompanied by a 100mm HE round) under other circumstances!  :angry:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

PPSh this:

JX8j6KG.jpg

After a truly brutal firefight in the police station, the surviving Sarandoy (and their nasty SMGs) all went and hid in a corner.....I just couldn't resist!  :angry:

Which was actually quite fortunate as it triggered a surrender and we won the day.....Our losses were, to say the least, greivous!  :(

Of a starting force of about 400 men, 100 were killed and another 140 seriously wounded.  :o

But you should see the other guy!  ;)

This scenario (Winter of Discontent) will be up for wider testing shortly.....Ping me a PM if you are interested.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...

Took a break from other work to play a little Combat Mission: Afghanistan. I come back to it every now and again when I'm in the right mood. Its hard to pass up the 80's era Soviet OOB.

Some VDV assault a hilltop defended by dug in Mujahideen, and a very close range firefight/grenade duel erupts:

PwsQR83.png

44 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Took a break from other work to play a little Combat Mission: Afghanistan. I come back to it every now and again when I'm in the right mood. Its hard to pass up the 80's era Soviet OOB.

Some VDV assault a hilltop defended by dug in Mujahideen, and a very close range firefight/grenade duel erupts:

PwsQR83.png

Beautiful one with the mountain in background !

Yup, me too. 

On 5/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, IICptMillerII said:

For me it's the Mujahideen Battalion that has the most appeal.....A properly organised Uncon force, equipped with s**tloads of breach charges.

Give me that in CM:SF2 and I'll give you a MOUT battle to remember....."They're coming out of the goddam walls!"  :o 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, Mishrae said:

Immediately it's just I did not know where his men were and I'm not keen on strafing potentially empty hills 

Somebody tested this and Helicopters only spot AFV's and other vehicles. You need to engage before they spot any other ground units. I adopted my game play accordingly.