CMA Unofficial Screenshot Thread

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm tentatively calling the mapmaking (ie: everything done by tile placement) of 'The Valley' done.....Sorted the area around the big compound:

kolpwL4.jpg

That's more like it!  :D

NICE!!!  Wow, the close facility looks like it is well fortified.

Grrrr.....Somehow I now have one like left, I can't share it between you, so it'll just have to be a Thanks to you both!  :D

37 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Wow, the close facility looks like it is well fortified.

All the compounds are fortified to some extent, that one and this one, on the other side of the map, are the two biggest:

0rN74eO.jpg

These are the homes of two rival Tribal Militias in the 2p version.....Everything has a plan & a purpose (well, almost everything).  :ph34r:

Having spent an utterly thrilling hour taking out unwanted flavour objects earlier on tonight, I've just spent a couple more putting them back in.....This phase of the build could take me a while.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Nice try, Olek.  However, the CMA uniforms, faces/skins and vehicles rarely look as good as those in the other CM2 titles.  Did the CMA Developer ("Snowflake" IIRC) do something weird with the graphics?

This game is underdeveloped and abandoned. You cant even pick formations prior to your missions. Yet, this could've been one of the best historical games. If this game would be upgraded just a little bit as SF2 was - it would beat it. The problem is that you cant even move the "moving" orders so the Faces thing is not the biggest issue.  This is a wonderful theatre and historical moment to play with and it is totally abandoned. Nothing happens. Now modding this game is painful. CMSF2 is hard to mod - its far from CMBS (which is the most comfortable to mod) but CMA is literally painful. Well I mean developers said that they are done with it so our troubles with it will remain ours only. I would mod each and every detail of this game including buildings but because it is not optimized - working on it is very hard. Especially when it comes to infantry. Also time limits of 35 to 45 minutes are not allowing you to play it slow. No modules and no battle packs were added. No water was added. No patches were made. Nothing. Its just the product was abandoned. Hm I dont know what to say. I wish they would make some upgrades for this game but apperantly - people have no interest in it. I dont know. This could be THE game - the best of all (besides CMBS which is the best in my opinion). 

6U3Uph9.jpg

• 2 months later...

So close I can taste it:

XtWsMmG.jpg

PS - I've adjusted the rocks since this screenie was made (again).....Didn't like the floaty ones in the right background and two (horror of horrors) were oriented the same way!  :o 

Map-making.....If you aren't mad already, you will be soon!  :blink:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shouldn't give so much Vodka to my troops before the battle, they coudn't spot your sniper a few meters away.

To be fair, after all this years I didn't know you had troops in that hill. I knew there where troops in the other two hills, but not in "mine". So I thought I was being all clever sending those units in a flanking maneuver and I bumped with your guys.

8 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

To be fair, after all this years I didn't know you had troops in that hill. I knew there where troops in the other two hills, but not in "mine". So I thought I was being all clever sending those units in a flanking maneuver and I bumped with your guys.

It is a very bad spot for tribal militia. Other units don't have the ammo or the necessary training to cover their withdrawal and the unit itself has limited fighting capabilities. All I did was take into account that you might send someone there and I was very lucky in the ensuing duel.

The sniper fired 6 shots before hitting his first mark and in total fired some 15 rounds to take out 4 of your guys. Max distance of the shots was 25 meters. Who should stop giving vodka to the troops - I don't know! 😄

• 2 months later...

Excerpt from an ongoing PBEM game.

Rustam Khan takes a deep breath, composes himself and takes aim from his RPG 2

2oQg37S.jpg

The grenade is launched!

Sn2Th7m.jpg

Close up of the grenade.

eiE7Df9.jpg

The BMD detonates catastrophically!

zjh9Kr8.jpg

The view from the other side of the ambush.

XdIAN2b.jpg

The BMD is thus sent back to Volgograd Tractor Factory, Volgograd, RSFSR.

FfLFcan.jpg

Rustam Khan is a happy man. His group took out two Shuravi BMD's.

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough I was messing with some of my CM:A stuff last night, the map is done, but I haven't done anything further with it:

dU3J9J9.jpg

I got a bit side-tracked with 'Heaven & Earth'.....I'll have another look at it in the coming weeks. 

I'm assuming it's the Blue campaign concept (Abdul Gul's War) that would be of the most interest?  @MOS:96B2P ran some tests for me and we've come to the conclusion that changes need to be made to the early scenarios to reduce the potential for frustration (this largely revolves around the removal of RPGs from the enemy TOE while Abdul Gul has only a handful of men under his command).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...