CMA Unofficial Screenshot Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Savage!  :o

The Mujahideen seem to have an awful lot of men and trucks are a bloody liability in CM:A, they can't even carry nasty surprises.  :rolleyes:

Spot on about the Hinds, as a Blue commander once you hear 'That Sound', it's time to head for the exit-zones!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Savage!  :o

The Mujahideen seem to have an awful lot of men and trucks are a bloody liability in CM:A, they can't even carry nasty surprises.  :rolleyes:

Spot on about the Hinds, as a Blue commander once you hear 'That Sound', it's time to head for the exit-zones!  ;)

While it is true that there are a lot of Mujahideen, that should be no problem 

Great video.  One can almost simulate this in CMSF since we have wonderful Muj's and Uncon mods.  Not sure if Syrians can be modded to look like Russians.

I thought SS was playing the AI at first.  Seemed odd that a 2nd and 3rd convoy would advance into a known ambush.  Also,

Am assuming than the Russians can only win by reorienting from a "Convoy Mission" to an "Assault Mission".   ie Get the trucks back to some sort of safety and reorg the combat troops?

Once one knows the bridge is mined, that makes the bridge pretty much impassible.  Not sure what the point was of trying to cross it after the first explosions.

6 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Great video.  One can almost simulate this in CMSF since we have wonderful Muj's and Uncon mods.  Not sure if Syrians can be modded to look like Russians.

I thought SS was playing the AI at first.  Seemed odd that a 2nd and 3rd convoy would advance into a known ambush.  Also,

Am assuming than the Russians can only win by reorienting from a "Convoy Mission" to an "Assault Mission".   ie Get the trucks back to some sort of safety and reorg the combat troops?

Once one knows the bridge is mined, that makes the bridge pretty much impassible.  Not sure what the point was of trying to cross it after the first explosions.

Talking about CM SF , I could swear I saw some scenarios whereby Russians were attacking bagram airfield . 

20 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Probably the best bet.....I'd be tempted to create a truck pool, guarded by a few dismounts, then accumulate my forces and wait for the Hinds. 

I don't think I've actually played this scenario (if I have it was a long time ago), but I've built quite a few scenarios on the map, so I know it quite well, I've made a slightly extended version that offers a few more tactical opportunities.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I mistook them for RPG fire so that is why I tried to cross, getting that first BMD over, was a rookie mistake of thinking it could hold down the other side. 
I would have re organised except there were mujahideen over looking the convoy entrance point 

Edited by Mishrae

It also seems that SS knew when the Hinds would appear and hence was able to get his Muj exiting b4 that happened.   Otherwise, the Russian could sit in defense and wait for air power and only then coordinate an attack.   

The question is how much damage can the Muj do if the Russian simply hunkers down in defense and waits?  Can the Muj do enuff damage and then escape b4 the Hinds appear?   If they can do that then maybe the scenario needs massaging.

Wasn't me fella, I'm just an interested onlooker here.....I don't think I've even played this scenario (I've got it though, I checked).  I do know the map very well (assuming it's the unedited version from the QB Maps folder), I've built several things on it in the past (it's one of the best IMHO).

Gunships always make a sighting pass at speed the turn before they commence their attack, they then usually make a very distinct hard turn noise as they commence the attack run.....If you hear that noise, it's already too late.  ;)

PS - I've used this for dramatic effect in a few of my single player scenarios, basically targeting an area where the player cannot possibly be with an AI fire plan, this causes the helicopter to make several sighting passes (in completely the wrong place, but the player doesn't know that) over the course of a few turns.  You do have to be a bit careful not to trigger Red on Red incidents when doing this, Hinds are apparently often rather liberal in their interpretation of ROE (especially in CM:SF).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead