Soft launch... CMBS Battle Pack 1

Subject line says it all!  Or almost ;)  To purchase CMBS Battle Pack 1 you need to go directly into the Store under the Black Sea section.  You will find information about the game there, not in the CMBS regular website section.  That comes later after we're sure everything on the backend is doing what it needs to do!

Steve

Lovely...   :)

Bit confusing to d/l as usual.  I paid my $10 and got a d/l called CMBS Windows v210 Patch Installer.  Is that what the Battle Pack 1 is called??   Tried it, and yes it is.  All seems to run fine. 

Basically we get two new campaigns, six standalone scenarios and 26 maps.  PR blurb says "21 new missions", so I assume that (21-6) means there are 15 missions in the two campaigns(?). 

All very welcome as good quality content is vital, and it's clearly very hard for users to create these kinds of labor and time intensive materials.  Looking forward to these professionally produced offerings.

Edited by Erwin

25 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Lovely...   :)

Bit confusing to d/l as usual.  I paid my $10 and got a d/l called CMBS Windows v210 Patch Installer.  Is that what the Battle Pack 1 is called??

Yes.

For CMBN the 3.11 and 3.12 patches are the identical downloads as the Pack downloads. The only difference is that when you purchase the pack you get a key to "unlock" the content. Other than that the download will be the exact same download as the patch.

Yup, and when we released CMBN Battle Pack 1 people kept getting confused between the "Battle Pack" and "v3.12 Patch" when, in fact, they were the same thing.  People tended to download and install both, which isn't really a desirable outcome.

I'm going to add some text to the order pages to help clarify things further.

Steve

Just now, Raptorx7 said:

Two campaigns (1 US, 1 Russian with 11-13 missions each), 25 new QB maps and 7 standalone scenarios.

Thats not bad for 10 bucks!

Well... v4 Engine had some usefull content and mechanics, and it worst 10 bucks, but couple of maps while there is qute good map editor rght in game...well... it may cost $3-5, not $10.

5 minutes ago, Sorrow_Knight said:

Well... v4 Engine had some usefull content and mechanics, and it worst 10 bucks, but couple of maps while there is qute good map editor rght in game...well... it may cost $3-5, not $10.

$10 is a bargain.  It is worth much more than that.  Did you see the part where there are two campaigns and seven stand alone scenarios?  I think that comes out to about 21 new battles if I understood the BF store page.  The campaign / scenario designers devoted hundreds of hours in creating these new battles and maps and whatever fixes might be included.  All for about the same price of a lunch at Taco Bell.  I appreciate their hard work and marvel at their ability to release such a quality product so cheaply.        

1 hour ago, Sorrow_Knight said:

I'd agree, if it was only a couple of maps.

But it ain't just a couple of maps...

;D

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

$10 is a bargain.  It is worth much more than that.  Did you see the part where there are two campaigns and seven stand alone scenarios?  I think that comes out to about 21 new battles if I understood the BF store page.  The campaign / scenario designers devoted hundreds of hours in creating these new battles and maps and whatever fixes might be included.  All for about the same price of a lunch at Taco Bell.  I appreciate their hard work and marvel at their ability to release such a quality product so cheaply.        

It also means that you don't have to lunch at Tacky Hell ;)

Well that was painless!  B)

Even though a certain muppet managed to buy the MacOS version for his PC, Battlefront have thoughtfully included both versions to make allowance for their punters' idiocy.....Top marks there guys!  :D

What's the betting Webroot is going to crash my system now?  :rolleyes:

Yup.....Once again Webroot is crashing my system on exit after an update.  Just another week while their tech-support get their finger out and I'll be able to play my new purchase without having to disable my antivirus.  :angry:

My advice.....Don't buy Webroot!  :mellow:

PS - The title of the US Campaign doesn't match that on the web-page, I'm seeing 'The Charge of the Stryker Brigade' rather than 'The Glorious Cause'.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, Holman said:

It works!  Thank you!

In addition to the battle pack content, are there any changes to note in 2.10?

Only a few very minor tweaks.  The sort of stuff we don't tend to document.  That's because we just did a big round of fixes/tweaks for the Engine 4 release.

1 hour ago, gnarly said:

I'd agree, if it was only a couple of maps.

But it ain't just a couple of maps...

Seems this needs more repeating ;)  Yeah, we'd never charge $10 for a "couple of maps" because we know nobody would pay $10 for "a couple of maps".  Which is why this Battle Pack is not a "couple of maps" :D  Two expertly crafted campaigns that have been play balanced and vetted by the same guys who work on the content for all our games is definitely not a "couple of maps".  If that's not interesting to someone, we're fine with that.  But mischaracterizing doesn't make the Battle Pack look bad, it makes... well, it doesn't make the criticism look very relevant.

Steve