Confusion about RT and Upgrade

Hello, hello! I purchased Combat Mission: Fortress Italy and now Red Thunder not too long ago, and I absolutely do not regret purchasing them. However, I'm a tad confused about how the upgrade works, since I feel like I just lost $25 for something I already have. I'll explain.

I noticed that the game for Fortress Italy says that it has been fully upgraded to Game engine 4, so I figured that the standalone game would come with it. After further reading, I managed to confirm this, and I got the installer that said CMFI_Engine_4_Full_Installer. Everything is good and fine so far.

After playing some of Fortress Italy, I then look at Combat Mission: Red Thunder, and I don't see any of the same disclaimers that I saw earlier for Fortress Italy So, I figured I had to buy the upgrade, particularly the bundle, since I saw myself investing more into the series. I spent a few days waiting and doing some research, trying to figure out whether I wanted that or Black Sea. I end up purchasing RT and the bundle, and then I notice that the installer for Combat Mission Red Thunder also came out standalone with Game Engine 4. So, are the upgrades only for those who owned the game before the upgrades came out? If so, does that mean my upgrade bundle is virtually useless?

If that's the case, is there any way to get a refund (or at least a voucher of equivalent value) for the upgrade bundle (I'm happy with the actual game, just unhappy with the fact that I wasted $25 for something I already have), since I haven't used or activated it yet? I don't mind paying the transaction fees for it. I also understand refunds are not done usually except in the case of duplicates from what I read, but I tried to do my research before buying and found really nothing about this on the website or forum, at least to what I saw. I would like some clarification on this if possible please.

I'm using a different e-mail than the one here, so if anyone needs to know my actual e-mail that I used for purchase, feel free to privately message me! But yeah, I apologize if I posted in the wrong place for this. I wasn't exactly too sure about where to go with this, since it's not exactly a technical issue.

Edit: It took me a while, but I found out where to submit a ticket/send e-mail to sales. I apologize if these things aren't supposed to be posted here.

Edited by BirdofFlawedNeutrality

7 hours ago, BirdofFlawedNeutrality said:

Edit: It took me a while, but I found out where to submit a ticket/send e-mail to sales. I apologize if these things aren't supposed to be posted here.

That is not the right place to contact BFC. Create a new support ticket here: Battlefront Help desk

People keep finding that sales email and Steve keeps trying to get rid of it.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  It seems that some of the clarification improvements made in the descriptions didn't get applied to all CM products.  I'll get that addressed as people shouldn't be left wondering or making a needless purchase.  Refund is certainly appropriate for you.  If you haven't filled out a Help Desk ticket already, you can do that.  Or you can use the sales email address that is referenced in your order confirmation.  I'd write it here but I don't want a Spambot sniffer to get a hold of it ;)

Steve

On 4/20/2017 at 11:30 AM, Battlefront.com said:

I'm sorry for the confusion.  It seems that some of the clarification improvements made in the descriptions didn't get applied to all CM products.  I'll get that addressed as people shouldn't be left wondering or making a needless purchase.  Refund is certainly appropriate for you.  If you haven't filled out a Help Desk ticket already, you can do that.  Or you can use the sales email address that is referenced in your order confirmation.  I'd write it here but I don't want a Spambot sniffer to get a hold of it ;)

Steve

Thanks for the quick response! I had sent one to the sales email address earlier, but I now opened up a ticket if that's more convenient as IanL suggested. Hope to hear back soon. I'm also fine with a voucher or something like that, especially if it's more convenient, as I'm keen on picking up on Black Sea soon.

Edited by BirdofFlawedNeutrality