Best Computer for CM?

The catch with the turbo (AFAIK cuz im banged up) is that it'll increase clock speed only when necessary. The benefit of having an OC is the processor will always perform at optimal levels.

I've found the highest OC'ing chips were 2nd generation i7s (Sandy Bridge). They take 5Ghz rather easily compared to their relatives

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Armorgunner said:

That might be so. But a kaby lake at 4,5 will still be a lot faster than a sandy bridge at 5,0 since it has much higher ipc.

no thats not correct for this game. True some better/newer IPC, but for this game not one bit of difference even back to Conroe CPUs.....  If you had all the CPUs from 2006 till now at 4ghz, there would be no diff for this game except the RAM speed. Which is new IPC-ish. (And does make a diff). You think CM engine is using new microcode/ instructions SSE4?, AVX?

A Kaby or Ryzen CPU with their DDR4 will be the fastest , but not by a "lot" over DDR3 CPUs in this game

On 23/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, Armorgunner said:

Did not know that. So only clockspeed and fast Ram for the best CM experience then.

Yes! As high a clock speed at possible for CPU, and fast RAM (I think 8GB is enough for gaming, 16GB is ideal and 32GB is definitely overkill for gaming)
(Alternatively, look into which CPUs are best at overclocking, but remember to get some hefty cooling for it.)

And a Nvidia GPU with 3+GB of VRAM.
(I upgraded from a GTX580 1.5GB to a GTX1060 6GB around Christmas and I experienced a noticeable increase in performance.)

Edited by AtheistDane