4.0 bug reporting

hmmm well i did a clean reinstall and the problem seems to have gone away, maybe i screwed something up during the patching process? i dunno. it guess its safe to ignore this post now.  (sorry for jumping the gun))

Edited by Cobetco

Italian Heavy Machinneguns are still carrying 60mm HE rounds. I noticed this in the demo but I was hoping that it was already corrected in the full game, specially after the whole OOB rework they have been doing. According to ASL Veteran this was allready reported back in 2013.

community.battlefront.com/topic/109280-some-strange-ammo-and-a-bargain-truck/

Edited by Ivan Zaitzev

i think i might have found a small TOE bug? maybe?  brit/can/Nz infantry companies snipers will be assigned a No.4 on typical and average equipment quality (ie default) but the rest of the company will be armed with No1mk3*s i dont know if this is correct, but it wasn't that way before.

11 minutes ago, weta_nz said:

Small bug maybe? I haven't checked what it was like before in engine 3.0 but I noticed a NZ 2IC squad had a machine gun symbol (of course it did not actually have a bren or vickers gun)

Is this for a Vickers MG platoon? I've seen that in CMBN before, under v4.0. The 2IC team had 3 Stens but still had an MG symbol.

Quick Battle Commonwealth carrier platoons in Sicily do not have carriers since they are infantry and not mech. Not a big deal, but they can't be purchased as single vehicles either!

As with the other titles in 4.0, infantry are too eager to leap out of trenches and foxholes and run when under even light mortar fire. It changes how some scenarios play out since you can just shoot the enemy off position and don't need to assault.

8 hours ago, Cobetco said:

i think i might have found a small TOE bug? maybe?  brit/can/Nz infantry companies snipers will be assigned a No.4 on typical and average equipment quality (ie default) but the rest of the company will be armed with No1mk3*s i dont know if this is correct, but it wasn't that way before.

There is (and was historically) a mix of No. 1s and No. 4s. ANZAC made No. 1s all the way through the conflict but after 1942 the Brits started slowly equipping No. 4s. Thanks to American production and the famous Long Branch in Toronto, Canadians had No. 4 rifles from their combat debut.

On April 11, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Michael Emrys said:

I just noticed that the deuce-and-a-half truck seems to be missing from the Single Vehicle list for US forces in July 1943. I confess that this was in a very brief look around as I was in a bit of a hurry.

Michael

Okay, I located my mistake. If you are in the Infantry section of the QB purchase screen, you will, as I did, not find trucks in the Single Vehicle page. In fact, you won't find anything at all. However, if you look under the Mech Infantry section you can buy as many as you can afford. Good hunting!

Michael

On 4/11/2017 at 6:54 AM, DougPhresh said:

Quick Battle Commonwealth carrier platoons in Sicily do not have carriers since they are infantry and not mech. Not a big deal, but they can't be purchased as single vehicles either!

Vehicles can't be single purchased under Infantry-only because it is infantry-only.  If you want a CW infantry battalion with carriers, go to mech infantry, purchase the Infantry Battalion [lorried] and select the dismounted option for the rifle companies (second "dismounted" option in list due to small bug).

The CMx2 Engine Upgrade ver. 4.0 ReadMe file mentions that there are new tracer and muzzle effects.

I noticed that the American Forces tracer color is red.  Is this correct?  I thought that Allied Forces had green tracers and Axis Forces had red tracers.

22 hours ago, Holman said:

Juju's CMFI v5 actually seems fine to me in engine 4.  What's the problem?

The problem I have is that some images are not showing up. For example, British rifles show up, but that same unit has a Thompson and that shows the regular silhouette. The UI is the regular one, background is the regular one, etc.

Attached picture from Kiwi Soldiers.

gOBuGrz.jpg

Hmmm.  When I look at a NZ rifle section I don't see this problem.  Everything is as the Juju mod intends, including the Thompson and the Bren.

I know that long ago that it was necessary to tweak and rename some files in Juju v5 to make everything work.  Maybe this is why I don't have your problem.

It ought to be as easy as looking into the mod files and making sure the names are correct for the weapon images that aren't showing up correctly for you.  Maybe the Juju modded images need to have their names corrected?

On 2017-04-12 at 3:41 PM, akd said:

Vehicles can't be single purchased under Infantry-only because it is infantry-only.  If you want a CW infantry battalion with carriers, go to mech infantry, purchase the Infantry Battalion [lorried] and select the dismounted option for the rifle companies (second "dismounted" option in list due to small bug).

US Infantry-only formations can purchase trucks and jeeps, and they are included in the TOE.