No NSV or Kord?

Grumpy

Finger on the buy button but  I don't see the NSV or KORD in the listed equipment? Is either in as a crew served weapon? Also is this worth a buy being as I'm only interested in Ukraine vs Russian Separatists and totally uninterested in US fantasy battles?

No PTRD-41 as well I guess? Could this be ported from Red Thunder which I already own?

Also the Donetsk airport map did it ever get released?

Thanks in advance,

Grumpy

Ok so no Kord or NSV according to another post. I really don't get this why? Should have left out the whole  US side not the damn KORD or NSV imho.

Bugger it now I'm even more grumpy than usual. I was hoping to recreate some stuff I had seen on youtube.

Not sure why you think I'm trolling akd.

Four simple questions: 

1. Is there a Kord or NSV as a crew served weapon ie. not mounted on a vehicle: older post says no but I was wondering if either were patched in.

2. Is it possible to port the PTRD from Red Thunder which I own. (I have seen you tube of both UKR and DPR using it) So is it possible to cross port assets?

3. There  was  two people making versions of a  Donetsk airport map did either get to a downloadable state?

4. As someone who isn't interested in US v Russia but VERY interested in Ukraine vs DPR war is the game still worth buying?

30 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Not sure why you think I'm trolling akd.

Four simple questions: 

1. Is there a Kord or NSV as a crew served weapon ie. not mounted on a vehicle: older post says no but I was wondering if either were patched in.

2. Is it possible to port the PTRD from Red Thunder which I own. (I have seen you tube of both UKR and DPR using it) So is it possible to cross port assets?

3. There  was  two people making versions of a  Donetsk airport map did either get to a downloadable state?

4. As someone who isn't interested in US v Russia but VERY interested in Ukraine vs DPR war is the game still worth buying?

It is not possible to port assets between games, so you cannot port the PTRD from RT to Black Sea. 

Not sure about the airport map. You can try sending a personal message to the creator and see if he's willing to give you access to what he's created so far. 

Unconventional forces (the DPR) are not currently modeled in Black Sea, as that was not the initial scope of the game, and when the game was first being developed there was no war in Ukraine yet. However there are mods that change the Russian skins to look like unconventional fighters. If that isn't enough, there is going to be a module for Black Sea (I believe next year but I'm not sure on that) that is going to add more forces/expand on what there is now. It's possible that this upcoming module adds unconventional forces. 

It should also be noted that this is only the *basegame* of the title. If past titles are an indication we'll be seeing modules/packs showing up with units like US and Russian Marines, eventually NATO, maybe militia units thrown in at some point if they're in the mood. I don't know what's going to happen beyond the first module but first module equipment list looks like a modern war wish list.  ^_^

One problem with Russian equipment is they rely heavily on export. Lot of what we see being promoted there's no clue where it might fit into the Russian TO&E. Sometimes they'll buy a limited stock of 'item X' to grease the wheels in hope of a big overseas sale. Enthusiasts will see the promotional material and expect to see every platoon equipped with 'item X'.

Grumpy I think it was Blimy who put out the seperatist mod and it is very well done. I used it in my Shadow of the Motherland campaign to represent seperatists and The Mountains of Allah campaign to represent Chechen's. Should be able to find it in the Repository still if not I can get it to you. He did a great job on it.

Michael

Grumpy,

It has always been the case that in CMx2, we gamers don't get anything like what we'd like to have in the base games, and sometimes, not even in the modules. The problem isn't putting the weapon/s in as data, but of building models, skins and animations to support them. There are only a couple of people, I believe, doing that set of tasks across all the CMx2 games, which is why Modules and Vehicle Packs are the great hope for the frustrated--who as the number of titles increases, must increasingly practice patience. The polygon count, relative to the far lower resolution CMx1 games, is enormous, so a lot of detail has to be rendered in CMx2 that wasn't in CMx1. Additionally, where CMx1 was generally in the form of abstracted squads represented by a few crude figures, now every single man has to be rendered one way or another. These factors dramatically limit what can be included in a CMx2 base game. Recall, too, that the absence of some desired weapon is never addressed in the free Patches, only in paid Modules and Vehicle Packs. You may get some sort of handle on what this looks like by examining the troop and equipment lists for CMBN and CMSF. To get the NSV and Kord, both available, I believe, in CMBS on certain tanks in the "T" version, you are going to need a Module with them in it, likewise full-on Separatists, though as noted, there is a mod to make stock Russian troops look like them. Not sure what to do about Ratnik, though. 

Also, the CMx1 titles, which covered, for CMBO, everything from D-Day to VE Day in the ETO, CMBB, which covered the War in the East from Barbarossa to the Russian capture of Berlin. and CMAK, which addressed North Africa, Sicily and Italy, had massive weapon lists and absolutely dizzying arrays of troop types, but even they lacked certain weapons, much to the dismay of the grogs. If, for example, you wanted a big gun for DF in city fighting in Germany, the best you could get was, I believe, a 100 mm, yet footage frequently shown for the Battle of Berlin shows Russian artillery as big as the monstrous 203 mm B4 howitzer being used in the DF role vs strongpoints. Nor could Katyushas be used in a DF role, which they clearly were at times. 

While the buy/no buy decision ref CMBS is obviously yours, I think you could do a lot in CMBS to depict what you want with Russian troops, supported some mix of new and older AFVs in small quantities, pitted against the Ukrainians. I believe, too, there's a way to use Ukrainian AFVs on your side, for I've seen something similar done in another CMx2 title. These would represent trophy vehicles obtained in various ways.

Regards,

John Kettler

The US has an anti material sniper rifle or two, but I think just one, that is kind of like a PTRD.  You can have it in your UKR or DPR force by adding the American sniper to the team you want.    Gotta use the mission editor for that but that doesn't sound like a problem.

cool breeze,

The US is campaigning two different .50 BMG sniper rifles, interestingly following the PTRS and PTRD tracks. The Barrett M107A1, which is in the game (not sure about the A1 part) and used by the US Army, is semiautomatic. US Navy SEALs (and maybe others) who aren't yet, use the Barrett Model 95™, which is bolt action. The tradeoff is accuracy at a distance, with the bolt action holding the edge at the expense of ROF.

steepdate,

In terms of using the M107 as a stand-in for the PTRS/PTRD, I should note it's considerably more accurate (great telescopic sight vs really simple iron sights) than them and harder hitting, thanks to SLAP, which far outperforms the Russian 14.5 mm cartridge. Would therefore suggest figuring out a way to reduce sniper performance to reflect this. Shouldn't be too difficult, since the Russian ATR guys of the GPW simply weren't snipers. Meanwhile, there's this, which I had NO idea was even remotely possible. Must be an Arnold Schwarzenegger class guy. Someone could figure out his height by comparing to to the PTRS. For sure, he's big. Notice, too, what he has for sights.

Also, as this video so convincingly demonstrates, it really is a pity, in this case, at least, BFC doesn't allow weapons to be ported from one game to another, for almost everything shown here (except the IS-3) is already in CMRT. Given this, I think it would be entirely reasonable for BFC to include some sort of vintage weapon option in a Module. preferably with Separatists from both sides. To sell the idea to BFC, I suggest making no plea for battles, since you can make your own. This will save a lot of work on BFC's end. Another idea would be an inexpensive, and novel, Weapon Pack.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 0:03 AM, MikeyD said:

It should also be noted that this is only the *basegame* of the title. If past titles are an indication we'll be seeing modules/packs showing up with units like US and Russian Marines, eventually NATO, maybe militia units thrown in at some point if they're in the mood. I don't know what's going to happen beyond the first module but first module equipment list looks like a modern war wish list.  ^_^

One problem with Russian equipment is they rely heavily on export. Lot of what we see being promoted there's no clue where it might fit into the Russian TO&E. Sometimes they'll buy a limited stock of 'item X' to grease the wheels in hope of a big overseas sale. Enthusiasts will see the promotional material and expect to see every platoon equipped with 'item X'.

Militia could be fun. The CMBS version of those Shock Force irregular types. And maybe some of Putin's "Little Green Men" to add some ambiguity! :-)

Definitely NATO. You have to do the Poles and Baltic States!