Small Hedgerow

Ah, OK. I had no cutters @Sgt.Squarehead It was in France but near Germany ? Sometimes it feels weird when a King Tiger cant drive over a small hedgerow but I understand that it simulates the old hedgerows. Because the hedges in FB look like the "hedgerows" in BN I was thinking there is a mechanic (like tank riders) that is not in BN. 

21 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Normandy Bocage were infamously deep, stout field dividers, centuries old, as tough to get through as reinforced walls. Outside Normandy they're just familiar overgrown brush and saplings by the roadside, not a fraction of the Normandy barriers.

And generally they began life as stone walls, which is the main thing that makes them so tough. Over the centuries, the wind blew dust into the stones followed by seeds of various plants, including trees. The vegetation trapped more dust which made the barriers still thicker and taller. Ain't nature wonderful?

Michael

Not forgetting the lack of primogeniture meaning that land got subdivided between sons. Which led to the planting of more hedgerows, and therefore more small fields. And of course, the need to move diary cattle from one piece of grazing to another, eroding trackways and creating those lovely deep sunken lanes that we all love to fight our way along.