Mullah Fayyad for real

1. On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

My use of the word campaign was definitely inappropriate there, was thinking of something along these lines as a Mosul option.....Locate all the mines, under sniper fire and don't mind the mortaring!  :D

Come to think of it, some nasty scenarios for CM:A in the Salang Pass area spring to mind too!  :ph34r:

Whether it is a campaign or a scenario, you're still up against:

a.  The (realistically) uncertain game mechanics of detecting them.

b.  The unappealing nature to many players of CIED drills.

Believe you me I've mentally tossed this idea around in a couple of my Afghan scenarios (and experimented with adding such elements to the scenarios) to add realism but the balance between playability/fun and the mechanics of doing it well are in my view not achievable in CMSF.

I've bunged some mines in a current Mosul test, to see how easily they are spotted, problem is triggering 'em spots them too, but I suppose the losses incurred will go some way to balancing things out.....It's not a terribly promising avenue of experimentation really. 

The absence of exit zones and persistent map damage is doing my head in.....The former because I keep coming up with ideas for 'Exit' elements in scenarios then remembering that CM:SF can't actually do it (CM:A can), the latter because bigger IEDs & VBIEDs really leave their mark on the map!  I think I'm going to have to build one or two longer scenarios, rather than several sharp skirmishes.