Ukrainian infantry combinations

I've been surprised that much of the equipment avalible on the Ukrainian infantry was far less developed than what it is now. The Ukrainian National Guard who fights in the East may have the multicam which seems a little bit more modern...

But there have been many new weapons, camouflage outfits and equipment of any kind in the Ukrainian Ground Forces who are in reserve in other parts of Ukraine:

A random posibility that makes a Ukrainian soldier to have a Tavor assault rifle or the Ukrainian made Zbroyar rifles, with also better uniforms and equipment...

Why "random posibility"?

During the Donbass war and until today, some Ukrainian military units didn't have a single uniform for every soldier, but instead some of the soldiers decided to wear German, British or Spanish jackets and coats, bought different kind of helmets, had different weapons(by different I mean, if you were a rich soldier, you could buy some modern Tavor or Zbroyar weapons), better gloves, and if you were lucky enough, try to buy some NVG of course by not very legal ways :P 

I remember when I was on the biggest market of Ukraine in Chernivsti last summer, I found about 3-4 different kind of military shops selling any kind of equipment including bulletproof vests(cheap and didn't look military grade), vests, helmets, a great quanty of boots which were donated from Ukrainian emigrants in NATO countries or the US(found a pair of US tactical boots in a small town which price was of about 16.000 Hryvnias, 571 € back then) and in one of those shops I found an entire Soviet/Ukrainian paratrooper combat uniform with gas mask and NVGs for sale. The soldier who tried to sell them to me looked to me with a quite hard face and penetrative eyes, I guess he noticed I was just 15 years old from Spain and thought I could buy his NVGs haha...

Anyways, these are some of the reasons I think there should be an improvement in the Ukrainian infantry, for bigger and more random and diverse squads.

Sure that would be one way to go but this game was not actually designed to represent what is happening on the ground today. They started this work before the actual fake revolution and green men invasion took place. The game scenario was that Ukraine started on a path towards joining NATO and that an open invasion from Russia happened as a result. As we know that is not what really happened. So comparing what is going on on the ground today and what is in the game is not really appropriate.

Having said that I suppose you can put forward the request to be able to represent what is on the ground now in the game going forward. I have no idea how BFC feels about that idea.

To be fair as well, we give the people calling for Russian equipment that's only now being produced or is of insignificant quantities quite a bit of flak for suggesting this and that be in game. I can only do the same for people calling for the Ukraine to get fancy toys that are in minuscule amounts.

It's good to remember videos and parades show the theoretical best, not what's on the ground.

The UA in game already gets two huge concessions in the form of OPLOT-Ms and BTR-4Es; both of which are capable of peer or near-peer performance to the BMP-3s and T90AMs. The only thing I'd like to see the Ukrainians get is maybe Ravens.

6 minutes ago, IanL said:

Having said that I suppose you can put forward the request to be able to represent what is on the ground now in the game going forward. I have no idea how BFC feels about that idea.

I'd rather have them stick with their current divergence, frankly. I suppose personal opinions differ greatly on this.

Edited by Rinaldi

2 hours ago, AleksandrStefan said:

A random posibility that makes a Ukrainian soldier to have a Tavor assault rifle or the Ukrainian made Zbroyar rifles, with also better uniforms and equipment...

Why "random posibility"?

This is Fort-221 rifles (licensed Tavors), but its were for parade battalion of VDV. Actually these rifles in small quantity use in recon VDV and marines units, less more in National Guard and some in SSO. But as I know, many soldiers are treated disbelief to this weapon and take AK for operations.  

Camo pattern on thees guys is "varan-ZSU", National Guard didn't wears multicam, they have "olive" uniform - on 3:50 National Guard unit is going. 

Edited by Haiduk