Into The Green

Finally completed this.  Really liked the scenario. One has more than enuff time and assets to do the job with minimal, probably no casualties.  I must have rushed too fast as one is told to CF after getting all objectives and I got a Total Victory with 45 mins(!) left on the clock.  I never even got to use the two Apaches which only just now arrived!!  :(

But, 2 KIA and 2 WIA.  So, the biggest challenge of this scenario is getting impatient and pushing on when one should wait for larger HE assets to smash the enemy and save the troops' lives. 

After CF, I found significant enemy still stuck around the map perimeter.  Didn't pose much of a threat, but one would have to go hunting them down to kill em.  And that didn't seem to be one's orders. 

@ErwinI had to check whether this was one of mine because there are a couple of scenarios have a similar name.  It seems so long ago since I put this together but by the sounds of it you found it challenging and enjoyable and most of all thank you for your comments.

The enemy stuck around the perimeter are there to bump the numbers up so that the AI does not auto surrender. They are therefore set to arrive as reinforcements at mission end and won't appear during the time you have available in the scenario.

In terms of your observations about tackling the mission, you are absolutely right. Tactical patience is required and the best method is to ensure that you concentrate your firepower/effects so that you can minimise your casualties. Not sure about the Apaches ... there are none in this mission. Your air/aviation assets are a Harrier pair (C/S Recoil 11) - or do you mean the Green 9 mission? ;)

Apologies, it was Green 9 that I finally completed.  :unsure:   Cos it's called Green 9, the game calls it Green 10 when it saves, and as it was an old savegame file I thought I musta shortened it from "Into the Green", doh.    :wacko:

Into the Green is next...

Also, Heart of Darkness campaign.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Apologies, it was Green 9 that I finally completed.  :unsure:   Cos it's called Green 9, the game calls it Green 10 when it saves, and as it was an old savegame file I thought I musta shortened it from "Into the Green", doh.    :wacko:

Into the Green is next...

Also, Heart of Darkness campaign.

No worries - natural mistake .... as I said I had to check whether the mission was one of mine or not due to the similarities in the title to other missions. I will provides some explanations to your observations soon.