CMBN British Campaign: For King and Country

22 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

So, just started the first scenario...you definitely capture the chaos of an amphibious landing...dang, what a clusterfark....just like the other guys, I did get about 4 tanks simply bogged down and immobilized in the surf in the first 4 or 5 minutes...tried the basic move command...is that intentional?   :D

Otherwise, this is going to be ugly, I hope I get any sort of victory with less casualties than JonS...that sounds like quite the butcher's bill for a total victory.

On the other hand, I've never had warships to call on for fire support...very, very cool.

• 1Well I hope it goes well grunt_GI. The liberation of France is depending on you lol.

Lol thanks Sandman. I hope you enjoy the campaign.

• 3 months later...

first battle, on the beaches is fantastic. Been wondering how tough/good a D-Day invasion scenario would play out since CMBN arrived. I have visited this very beach and walked down to the waterline to head back up the beach to get the same visual perspective as those gallant guys would have got, very poignant.

Really look forward to battling through the rest of the battles, once my beachhead is secure ;-)

10 hours ago, Jaeger Jonzo said:

first battle, on the beaches is fantastic. Been wondering how tough/good a D-Day invasion scenario would play out since CMBN arrived. I have visited this very beach and walked down to the waterline to head back up the beach to get the same visual perspective as those gallant guys would have got, very poignant.

Really look forward to battling through the rest of the battles, once my beachhead is secure ;-)

Glad you liked it and I hope the rest of it proves enjoyable for you also.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, sandman2575 said:

You're amazing, Dragonwynn.  I recently got through the first mission of your ""Thunder over Ponyri" campaign for Red Thunder. Epic engagement!

Looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks very much for all your hard work and dedication.

where can I find the "The Thunder over Ponyri" cam?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

the more recent patches to cmbn seem to have borked this campaign somewhat. It affects the infantry the worst. If they come under fire behind a hedge or in cover they move to the forward exposed side and get massacred ! Likewise if they get panicked they run towards the guns instead of away.  I'm 3 or so battles in so really don't want to start again especially as Round 1 was huge and took me ages to get through. Im struggling to progress as my infantry casualties keep going up without fault of my own!   Is there a known fix for correcting these older campaigns to suit the V4 patches?

11 hours ago, Jaeger Jonzo said:

the more recent patches to cmbn seem to have borked this campaign somewhat. It affects the infantry the worst. If they come under fire behind a hedge or in cover they move to the forward exposed side and get massacred ! Likewise if they get panicked they run towards the guns instead of away.  I'm 3 or so battles in so really don't want to start again especially as Round 1 was huge and took me ages to get through. Im struggling to progress as my infantry casualties keep going up without fault of my own!   Is there a known fix for correcting these older campaigns to suit the V4 patches?

no patches yet, but some expedient might help getting over the worst from the behavior and keep playing:

@RockinHarry, thanks for that information, very useful, will give the pause a try and report back. A little poor of BFC to not have offered a remedy almost a year later when several have reported it.

The other bug issue I am having is some squads plain disappear from the battlefield !  The unit is presented as you scroll through but half a squad stays insitu and other half vanishes or appears at the movement objective. :wacko: Nothing seems to fix it once this has happened. I tried individual movement orders, company moves etc. you lose the whole platoon from your order of battle. :(

6 hours ago, Jaeger Jonzo said:

The other bug issue I am having is some squads plain disappear from the battlefield !  The unit is presented as you scroll through but half a squad stays insitu and other half vanishes or appears at the movement objective. :wacko: Nothing seems to fix it once this has happened. I tried individual movement orders, company moves etc. you lose the whole platoon from your order of battle. :(

Do you have a save available where the men disappear?

15 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Good luck. It will be interesting to know how you get on.

Have this and all other Michael´s CMBN/CMFB campaigns (Poppies, Clipper and Fields of Tears) installed now, mods incl. Same for Worghern´s Blitzkrieg mod.  I´m mightily impressed I can say for sure. Have launched them all, just to see what he´d achieved. Wow! B) Now I´ve to decide which of these I´ll start in all seriousness. Surely takes some time, before I can give any detailed feedback.