.man files - how to use em

Eg: HQS 2.6 downloads in several .man files.  I forget what to do with em.  Do I need an unzip type program??

It looked like my 7zFM unzip works to get the HQS folder.  But, when I try it seems that every single .man file has a corrupted file in it and the process freezes up.  So, what opens these and where to get?

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Eg: HQS 2.6 downloads in several .man files.  I forget what to do with em.  Do I need an unzip type program??

It looked like my 7zFM unzip works to get the HQS folder.  But, when I try it seems that every single .man file has a corrupted file in it and the process freezes up.  So, what opens these and where to get?

I just did this about two weeks ago.  I think I used WinRAR and had only one of those several files corrupted.  I just re-downloaded the file that was corrupted (deleted the corrupt one of course).  I un-zipped the newer one and it worked fine.  I think they sometimes get corrupted in a long download process.   

Nope, the HQS 2.6 at CMMODS download as .man files.  :(

I guess I'll try and redownload.  But, gawd...  Why couldn't he upload in one file.  One has to d/l like 11 small files.  Would be wonderful if it was one .rar file. 

Anyhow, I did a whole new set of downloads, but every time I try to extract, I get "file broken" message and it freezes my computer.  I have to start Task Manager and shut 7zFM down.

So....  Just curious:  Why do some well-meaning I am sure folks insist on using weird programs like .man, or insist that we d/l from weird sites that are designed to trick one into downloading some other crap??  zips or rars are standard for all of us and CMMODS or FGM are the standard places for CM2 mods.  What's the issue??

I don't suppose anyone has HQS2.6 that can be downloaded from a different site either in a rar, zip, or already extracted?  I have fast internet.

Edited by Erwin