Jump to content
John S

Additional Questions

Recommended Posts

1)  Delay in Release - I move my unit and then either right click or left click on the sky to try to "release" and go to another unit.  A number of times there is either no release or it takes a really long time.  Any better ways to address this and get a "quick" release?  (Is it my computer??...thought it was pretty strong...)

2 - Holding Objective - When the scenarios requires you to hold an objective in order to get Victory points - is there any minimum on the number of units needed to do the holding?  Assuming no enemy, is a crew or scout team or bazooka team enough to get the points?

3)  Quick Battle/Really Tiny - what is the best way to get quick battles below "tiny"?  Example - single company or a couple of platoons.  Any way to do this without "cheating" and selecting the unit makeup for the other side?

4)   Stupid Question but just to be sure (because the manual seems to miss here)  - when I see the brownish/orange dot below the rifle on a unit display, does this mean he is slightly wounded but still functioning?

5)  Quick Battle Maps - how strong do you take the indication re "side"?  Example if I want to do a probe as Germans but the little description on the map selection square says "Allies" how much am I screwing up if I do it as Germans?

 

Thanks for any help.  Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John S said:

1)  Delay in Release - I move my unit and then either right click or left click on the sky to try to "release" and go to another unit.  A number of times there is either no release or it takes a really long time.  Any better ways to address this and get a "quick" release?  (Is it my computer??...thought it was pretty strong...)

<Snip>

I just right click on the map.  Usually next to the last waypoint plotted and then move on to the next unit.  

1 hour ago, John S said:

<Snip>  2 - Holding Objective - When the scenarios requires you to hold an objective in order to get Victory points - is there any minimum on the number of units needed to do the holding?  Assuming no enemy, is a crew or scout team or bazooka team enough to get the points?  <Snip>

No minimum number of friendlies.  You could have one walking wounded (yellow base) survivor from a tank crew hold it.  However there can't be ANY OpFor units in the objective area.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John S said:

3)  Quick Battle/Really Tiny - what is the best way to get quick battles below "tiny"?  Example - single company or a couple of platoons.  Any way to do this without "cheating" and selecting the unit makeup for the other side?

No there is no way, other than what you noted, to pick the op for yourself.

3 hours ago, John S said:

4)   Stupid Question but just to be sure (because the manual seems to miss here)  - when I see the brownish/orange dot below the rifle on a unit display, does this mean he is slightly wounded but still functioning?

Correct. You will notice they perform worse than men at 100 percent. They don't move as fast and they tire quicker

3 hours ago, John S said:

5)  Quick Battle Maps - how strong do you take the indication re "side"?  Example if I want to do a probe as Germans but the little description on the map selection square says "Allies" how much am I screwing up if I do it as Germans?

Don't worry about it at all. The qb system will swap the sides automatically just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...