Commonwealth module?

59 minutes ago, IanL said:

I don't think is advisable to be operating a Browning Automatic Rifle while drunk. Is that how you wiped out those comrades? :D

Nope, just with table soccer skills and a certain  relaxedness. We came from a visit in our local brewery, had a few more beers  in the Pub, beat a few Brits in a few table soccer  matches and went to town for a few beers more.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I seem to remember a documentary about celebrities who had done National Service, and one of them possibly Frank Bough rearranged some poor local's house with his tank. 

Yep, that happened.

I spent my Bundeswehr time some 50k's away, near Warburg. In a nice and cosy airforce compound. At that time, they used to have huge autumn manoeuvres in the area, to train BA(O)R and Bundeswehr to cooperate. Usually the army grunts devasted the countryside, but farmers loved it. Obviously compensation was generous.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:39 PM, StieliAlpha said:

Yep, it sounds like somebody has a very limited view of late war proceedings.

Isn't  Lübeck  the place where Himmler tried to contact Eisenhower for peace terms? Just a guess but maybe that is how the British managed to beat the Soviets there.

28 minutes ago, J Bennett said:

Isn't  Lübeck  the place where Himmler tried to contact Eisenhower for peace terms? Just a guess but maybe that is how the British managed to beat the Soviets there.

Nope, that was in Lüneburg, not Lübeck. And after 22nd April. Unlikely that this would have had any effect on the military proceedings.

Eh, Wart's 'n all, why do I keep defending Brits here?

Edited by StieliAlpha

• 2 weeks later...
On March 21, 2017 at 0:51 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

I seem to remember a documentary about celebrities who had done National Service, and one of them possibly Frank Bough rearranged some poor local's house with his tank. 

My brother was in the US Army and in Germany 1954-55 and once recounted an incident he observed. There was a convoy of tanks passing through a village and a civilian VW happened to stop in front of one of the tanks. Either the driver of the tank had inadequate vision forward or was following too closely to stop in time and started up the back of the VW. My brother commented that the driver of the VW ejected with remarkable alacrity.

I have heard from other sources that such incidents were not rare.

Michael

3 minutes ago, JSj said:

And, if you're German, you had a real beer too, not the American "making love in a canoe" kind of beer... :-)

Yesyes, "Rothaus Tannenzäpfle"!

Check it out. Coming from northern Germany, it is somewhat embarrassing to say: But Tannenzäpfle is fantastic!

8 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Yesyes, "Rothaus Tannenzäpfle"!

Check it out. Coming from northern Germany, it is somewhat embarrassing to say: But Tannenzäpfle is fantastic!

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check that one out!!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JonS said:

What are you missing for your campaign that isn't in CM, CW, MG, or the VP?

I wounder if there were major changes made to the commonwealth forces TOEs/OOBs between the end of the CMBN timeframe (including modeles) and the end of the CMFB timeframe ?

If not perhaps a quick update to CMFB could be to simply copy the additional countries and formations/vehicles from the complete CMBN bundle into CMFB and sell this as a simple formation/vehicle add-on without any accompanying scenarios/campaigns.

A campaign/scenario-pack will follow later and will be sold seperatelly or as a bundle with the first pack.

On 4/17/2017 at 1:59 AM, RepsolCBR said:

I wounder if there were major changes made to the commonwealth forces TOEs/OOBs between the end of the CMBN timeframe (including modeles) and the end of the CMFB timeframe ?

If not perhaps a quick update to CMFB could be to simply copy the additional countries and formations/vehicles from the complete CMBN bundle into CMFB and sell this as a simple formation/vehicle add-on without any accompanying scenarios/campaigns.

A campaign/scenario-pack will follow later and will be sold seperatelly or as a bundle with the first pack.

Short version of changes between CMBN and CMFB for the Commonwealth... Wasps! ^_^

3 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

... Wasps! ^_^

Sounds like a hottie !! :)

If this copy idea could be done fairly easy with only slight moddifications i think that it might be something worth considdering.

To give scenariodesigners and QB players more toys to play with rather quickly.

Not everyone will buy a unit pack like this without any scenarios that is for sure but i belive that quite a few will and the rest can buy the whole 'bundle' ones the scenario/campaign pack is released.

I'm sure next module will be big. Maybe CW forces be very similar to CMBN, adding latest vehicles versions, but I think in matters such as LW forces, Volkssturm, M26 Persings, LVT (for crossing the Rhin), maybe the early night vision system for german forces  and new scenaries as Ruhr, Remagen, etc. IMO all these are very greats additions.

For me, the only disappoint is that probably we'll need  wait long time for it. CMFB was released in 2016, I don't believe that we are going to see the first module in one year and half ot two at least, because RT was released in 2014 ant it hasn't yet a single module.