Sign in to follow this  
sfhand

4.0 full install Windows 10

Is there some secret to getting the license key accepted by the activation software? I've turned off AV and Firewall while running as admin and still get rejected (a little box with a red x in  Thanks

You're providing the '4.0 Upgrade license key' and not the CMBN 3.0 or 1.0 license keys, correct ? If necessary, launch the game by right-clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator' from the popup menu. Other modules will require activating via the 'Activate Modules' shortcut that should hopefully be on your desktop after the 4.0 Upgrade has been installed. There is no set order to the modules being activated (you can only do one at a time though).

I believe that there was a SNAFU with the 4.0 license keys early on. I believe Steve corrected the outstanding issues and any recent purchases of the game should not have license key problems. If you have never been able to activate the 4.0 Upgrade license key with ANY of the games, then you may want to contact the Helpdesk and have them double-check your license key.

Yes, 4.o license key. This is an early key and I also have an open ticket re: licensing issues. I am stunned my problems persist when trying to install it on a brand new machine.

Having the same issue with CMBN and have opened a ticket.  I had no problem upgrading CMRT or CMBS, but both of those were previously installed and I just loaded the upgrade.  CMBN had been removed due to hardware issues and I hadn't played the game in about two years since I removed it.

I've tried twice to install from the full upgrade and the license has been rejected.  I also tried installing module by module.  After downloading up through 3.0, I attempted to install just the base game and was rejected for having used all my activations.  The license key has been saved on another computer since my original purchase during pre-order and I checked it against the key in My Accounts... same key, same issue.

Regarding the insufficient activations...  I thought (read somewhere on the forums) a new activation was added every year after the initial activations ran out.  Not having installed the game for two years, I thought I'd have two additional activations remaining

Rake - Did you purchase the 'Upgrade 4 Big Bundle' ? If so, I believe that uses the same license key for each of the games. I would suspect that if you were able to upgrade CMRT and CMBS that the license key should be good, but there is always the possibility of something strange.

Are you downloading the '4.0 Upgrade Full Installer' for CMBN (about 4 GB in size) ? Installing that alone (nothing else needs to be installed), should get you running. I'd suggest installing it in a 'clean' directory - i.e. there shouldn't be a previous CMBN installation there. It should initially activate with the 4.0 Upgrade license key and then the 'Activate Modules' shortcut needs to be used to activate any of the modules you have (with their respective license keys). With the 4.0 Upgrade you will no longer need to use the 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 CMBN license keys.

Each license key typically comes with 4 activations. An activation gets used up when you install the game on a new computer, reinstall Windows (or MacOS) from scratch or upgrade your hardware in some way that causes the copy-protection system to trip up (assuming that the different hardware denotes running on a different computer). Simply reinstalling the game will NOT use up an activation.

Originally it was intended to allow for the customer to add an activation once each year for each license key via a webpage. However that system ran into technical problems and newer versions of the copy-protection system don't seem to offer that feature any more. Instead you'll need to contact the Helpdesk and request an activation be added to your license key (you'll of course want to provide all of the license keys that need an additional activation).

Just did a full install and activation.  If your just applying the 4.0 upgrade then use the 4.0 upgrade Lic to activate.   If your doing a full install then you will need the 4.0 full install  (a 4GB download)...   After installing use your 3.0 Lic key to activate and then individually activate each Module (CMBN-CW & MG)  with it's own respective Lic key.   had to get a little hep on this from support but it worked perfectly for me.

Sign in to follow this