General Combat Mission questions

Hey all, I played the crap out of the first Combat Mission game years ago. I haven't played one since however. I'm thinking about getting one again.

What is the latest CM game? 

If you were only going to buy one CM game, which one works you pick?

Thanks for any info/help!

Edited by Grimmshade

The latest is CM Final Blitzkrieg but they all were just upgraded to the v4 engine. That means that the new features that have been added over the years are now available in CM Battle for Normandy too. The only issue is CM Fortress Italy has been delayed but it will also get the upgrade soon too.

Given that all the games have the same features and performance and your choice should probably come down to theatre and content instead of newest and oldest. CMBN has two modules and two packs so it has the most content while CMFB is newest so only has the base game available.

On 13.3.2017 at 7:27 PM, Grimmshade said:

Cool, it sounds like I want either FB or BN. I'll have a look at those demos and info and see which suits what I'm looking for better. 

Is the Engine 4 stuff included in all new purchases?

I dare to say: That does not matter. If you are new to CM, you will probably not notice the difference anyway.

Much more important is, to find out if you like the game play in general. I (and obviously most people here) love it. But I also know some otherwise enthusiastic gamers, who never got along with the game play.

Then you need to find out, which period you like. BN has a nice and green landscape, with "classic" WW2 west front warfare. FB has all the "modern" equipment, but the dull European winter scenery. FI has strange vehicles, nice Italian landscape and mostly brilliant summer appearance. There's just soooo much variety!

Edited by StieliAlpha