US Strykers spotted in Syria.

Ivanov

I think you are confusing the issue with the permission given to the Turks to protect the remains of Suleyman Shah.

Sadly it seems the US doesn't have permission to be there either.....Assad just made that abundantly clear in a TV interview.

So.....Little green tank go home, anyone?  :rolleyes:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Russia cooperating with Turkey and presumably US with what's going on now in Syria. So Assad had better take it up with Putin... and Putin take it up with Trump...

Oh what a tangled web!

Erdogan said. "Whether it is Turkey or Russia, we are working in full cooperation militarily in Syria. Our chiefs of staff, foreign ministers, and intelligence agencies cooperate intensely." (Fri March 10 - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-idUSKBN16H0SP)

Edited by Wicky

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I think you are confusing the issue with the permission given to the Turks to protect the remains of Suleyman Shah.

Sadly it seems the US doesn't have permission to be there either.....Assad just made that abundantly clear in a TV interview.

So.....Little green tank go home, anyone?  :rolleyes:

If you are trying to draw comparison with Ukraine it is no where the same, not even in the same ball park.

America has up to now done it's best to focus on Isis and not intentionally attacked Syrian forces. The forces involved have been minimal and capped. 

Isis have attacked Europe and present and clear threat to Europe and America. So not unreasonable for forces to be dispatched against them as Syria has been acting as a safe haven for them. Especially as Syria can clearly not deal with Isis alone.

Perhaps if the Syrian government had listened to people's grievances rather than murdering them this situation would not be where it is now...

1 hour ago, Holien said:

If you are trying to draw comparison with Ukraine it is no where the same, not even in the same ball park.

America has up to now done it's best to focus on Isis and not intentionally attacked Syrian forces. The forces involved have been minimal and capped. 

Isis have attacked Europe and present and clear threat to Europe and America. So not unreasonable for forces to be dispatched against them as Syria has been acting as a safe haven for them. Especially as Syria can clearly not deal with Isis alone.

Perhaps if the Syrian government had listened to people's grievances rather than murdering them this situation would not be where it is now...

Off topic heavily, but I can't help it. I don't want to hear any "whataboutism" from anyone on here relating Syria to Ukraine. The U.S. and some of America's allies (Turkey, Saudi Arabia) have been training and arming groups fighting the Syrian government, and making the situation even worse in the country. If you deny that US and allies' weaponry havent fell into Islamic terrorist hands then you are full of it. 

The U.S. is legally not allowed in Syria no matter what. Whatabout to Ukraine all you want, use the same standards for yourselves as well. US was in Syria before Russia was in eastern Ukraine. And keep in mind the Donbas is miniscule compared to the Syrian crisis. But of course morals of protecting Syrians by funding groups that partake in terrorist operations is morally just. And I'm sure the rebels haven't used gas canisters (originating from multiple nations) in wartime either. 

As I've said previously, 'international law is international law'.....It's pointless trying to present yourself as paragons of virtue on one hand while fragrantly ignoring the most basic legal precepts on the other, it just makes the rest of the world laugh at you.

This goes for America, Russia, Syria, Turkey & Ukraine more or less equally IMHO.....& they're far from alone!  :rolleyes:

USA collaborating with Russia to stop Turkey. Now finally UN is investigating Turkish crimes against Kurds and the Netherlands are cancelling meetings with Turkish politicians on the grounds that democracy is under pressure in Turkey all the while Turkish politicians display fascist "grey wolf" signs left and right. And we are talking about a country that is part of NATO!

That's entirely too reminiscent of 'Reservoir Dogs':o

Obama should probably be portrayed giving the guns to several of the other actors though.  ;)

My heart goes out to all Syrians.

Amen to that. 

PS - Ironically as I type this, strains of Ozzy Osbourne's classic 'Crazy Train' came from the TV downstairs.....To right Ozzy, too right!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Guys, this is getting way off topic here.  This is a Forum for discussing CMBS and things directly related to it.  Talking about how Russian forces and/or equipment is doing in Syria is on topic, talking about the politics and the nature of the fighting there is off topic.  Maybe not as much as talking about the South China Sea naval activity ;), but still way outside the scope of what this Forum is here to do.  Therefore, I'm locking it up.

Steve