Combat mission youtubers

To add more channels to this, Usually Hapless has a bunch of Combat Mission videos that are well done

(Link to channel): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9egpHJiRis89uHkeyJiEug

In a similar vein is Josey Wales

Link to channel): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Y5U7EYn4HO9dCSJsQH0Pg

Both of their channels focus on an AAR type presentation of the games, cutting out all the administrative parts such as plotting moves and such. I find this a much more enjoyable way to watch Combat Mission. Plus, they both do very well edited and presented videos which is always a bonus. Only downside is that there aren't a lot of videos, but the ones that are there are quality. 

Big fan of all the other channels mentioned here in the thread as well!

For me the best combination of Combat Mission entertainment and teaching award goes to our friend Ithikial, though there are of course a number of others who deserve honorable mention. He combines a winsome, fun personality with a fairly detailed look-listen at his plans and moves. His videos were instrumental in me learning and enjoying Combat Mission.

I only wish he could quite his real life and do it full time, though I know that's impossible.

You know how some sports broadcasters do a fine job of describing games, but only a few make you feel like their one of your buddies watching it with you? That's Ithikial. Well done, sir.

I've never heard of anyone from our antipodean colony as having "a winsome, fun personality" before, I almost spat out my morning coffee. When you watch his stuff just be careful not to mention The Ashes.

Exits stage right even quicker than normal in case I cop a fist to my overly large Pommy mouth ----------------->

26 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've never heard of anyone from our antipodean colony as having "a winsome, fun personality" before, I almost spat out my morning coffee. When you watch his stuff just be careful not to mention The Ashes.

Exits stage right even quicker than normal in case I cop a fist to my overly large Pommy mouth ----------------->

Ah, my friend, I'd hate to offend anitpodean sensibilities, especially if it meant the loss of some precious coffee droplets. :) However, Ithikial be a fair dinkum of a bloke.

When I watch American baseball, I want Vin Scully in the broadcast booth. When I watch CM AAR's, I Ithikial calling the shots. Either one just makes you want to pull up a chair.

Edited by DaddyO

I'm not a geography expert DaddyO but I don't think you and I count as being "antiipodean". But I enjoyed your comment anyway.

Yes I'm a massive fan of Ithikial's work as well. In fact his videos are what got me back into war gaming. And we have enjoyed quite a bit of banter over the last couple of years. 

Edited by Warts 'n' all

18 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'm not a geography expert DaddyO but I don't think you and I count as being "antiipodean". But I enjoyed your comment anyway.

Yes I'm a massive fan of Ithikial's work as well. In fact his videos are what got me back into war gaming. And we have enjoyed quite a bit of banter over the last couple of years. 

Hah! I missed your "Limeyland" location.

1. https://www.youtube.com/user/NormalDude1066 Our very own Normal Dude has his own channel.
  2. https://www.youtube.com/user/Ithikial Ithikial as previously mentioned has one of the largest CM only channels as far as I know.
  3. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Y5U7EYn4HO9dCSJsQH0Pg Josey Wales has a smaller channel, but his 'machininatography' is excellent.
  4. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCioGCKEcV-5tsgJEJdNUJoA Same with Peiper tj, he has wonderful video style.

Those are my top 4. Most others I've heard of have already been mentioned.

Thanks the for the praise above guys. ;)

When I started there was really no one doing a dedicated channel for Combat Mission videos. (And certainly not in 1080p!) I looked at the many Total War channels out there and decided to copy that type of format "Let's Play" format. Just with the added bonus of me saying "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..." and then cursing my pixeltruppen.

Probably now is the the best time to say it but anyone who follows my channel knows it's been dying a slow death over the past 12 months. Building a house and getting promoted at work means I've got less time then ever to dedicate to the channel. Having some more time designing scenarios would be great. Then there's the Australian 'Kangaroo Internet' issue. It takes anywhere between 8 - 12 hours to upload each of my AAR episodes at my new place. I may be able to get a connection upgrade later this year which might help, but in short Australian internet is garbage.

I have committed to finish the current Aachen campaign (from the excellent work of @benpark), but after that I may just upload little 'Action Moments' when something awesome occurs. If this is the end, well at least I know there's a new generation of excellent CM YouTubers to take the torch and I know for a fact (from comments and PM's I've received over the years) this little community grew a little bigger because of the channel, which can't be a bad thing. ;)

It would certainly be a shame to lose your channel altogether. And as for slow internet, perhaps the Royal Navy could tow your penal colony back up here where we have great super fast broadband. Sorry that should have read, hopefully broadband providers in your proud independent nation will soon be giving you a better service.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It would certainly be a shame to lose your channel altogether. And as for slow internet, perhaps the Royal Navy could tow your penal colony back up here where we have great super fast broadband. Sorry that should have read, hopefully broadband providers in your proud independent nation will soon be giving you a better service.

I doubt the RN can spare the ships to be honest. How about the RN and RAN tow the mother country this way as it is a much more towable size - you might get to enjoy the weather that I left the UK for.

Oh no, in the words of the song, "It's too darn hot" down there for a red headed pom. In fact my plan would have us fit giant hedge trimmers to our ships. they'd slice off the green bits of Oz and leave the rest. Then we could slot one slice into the North Sea, one slice between The Hebrides and Scotland, another between Wales and Ireland, and the final piece between England and The Channel Islands, and Bob Hawkes is yer uncle.

Sorry to hear about the state of things, Ithikial, but there is such a thing as real life. I appreciate the contributions you made over the last few years to my understanding and enjoyment of Combat Mission. 

Good on ya, mate.

2 hours ago, DaddyO said:

Sorry to hear about the state of things, Ithikial, but there is such a thing as real life. I appreciate the contributions you made over the last few years to my understanding and enjoyment of Combat Mission. 

Good on ya, mate.

Hear, hear. He has given us some great stuff over the years.

2 hours ago, DaddyO said:

On the recommendation of a Limey in this thread I started watching Jamies Games' channel. I'm enjoying it enough that I've gone to his first videos and begun watching them in sequence. Tons of content.

Enjoy your viewing. I do sometimes tease him about toggling the trees and not playing on Iron. But that is just me being a glutton for punishment.

7 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Enjoy your viewing. I do sometimes tease him about toggling the trees and not playing on Iron. But that is just me being a glutton for punishment.

I must say, W'n'A, that judging from your picture you need to update your style a bit. :)

Uh... but now, uh, now that I look at my own picture, uh, people like me that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.