Syrian Warfare

emccabe

• 2 weeks later...

LOL oh this is going to be "fun". I did a quick search and Steam's official response was that there was a copyright complaint. However lots of people are theorizing that it was removed for political reasons. I don't now much about Valve's policies but they don't strike me as being very political but hey you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

emccabe,

Speaking as someone with absolutely zero involvement with Steam, who has never played CMSF and has hardly been able to play CM at all lately (downstream effects of a TBI), and isn't in a position or has a need for another game of any sort presently, I noted some things I thought significant in reading the first page and the reviews there. The first is that a Syrian, who lives there, considers it accurately depicts the conflict and loves playing it. Huge credibility boost for the game right there! That alone is intriguing to me. The second is that someone who is a CMer, a Close Combat player and a number of other games gave it a thumbs up. The third is that it seems to offer all sorts of interesting places to fight. Took me all of an eye blink to recognize the oh so topical Roman ruins of Palmyra--with Mi-28s firing Vikr ATGMs, I believe. The fourth is that the game doesn't use the all too common (make me want to gag) life bars, and appears to use some not at all well defined modular approach to damage, which would appear to be based on real physics, though the language may not necessarily mean quite that. I found the wording a bit confusing as to meaning. Impressive sounding to be sure, but still not all that clear.

The visual style is distinctive, and I very much like the way things look. Is it top down view only, or was that used simply to show off the game? I sure wish we had the levels of terrain and structural damage modeling this appears to have. Being able to see aircraft is also appealing to me. The notion of starting as a cop and working up from there is flat out bizarre to me. the game, judging from reviews, is very tough, just like the conflict. Do you have any videos that you made while playing the game? Would love to see them. To me, it's unfortunate it's RTS only. RTS is too frenetic for many of us (kills my head), and this game sounds like howling chaos in terms of all that's going on. This looks as though the granularity is off the charts, and the possibilities, considering what looks to be a staggering array of goodies, seems endless--provided you can actually design your own scenarios. Further reading of reviews strongly suggests you can't. In any form. Campaign mode only, and no multiplayer if I read things right. AI comes in for strong criticism, too, and pathing evidently isn't all that good, either.

Deem it absolutely outstanding the game is available in 182 languages! Speaking of languages, it would've been extra cool had they used the correct language for the speaker, then provided the text itself in the desired user language. Free language training. Looks, judging from a number of things I noted on the graphics, as if the developer is Russian. Thanks for bringing this game to my/our attention!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler