Jump to content

Vehicle Pack and Unit Selection in the Scenario Editor


Recommended Posts

I was considering buying the Vehicle Pack, however I had a few quick questions first…

I am looking for the flexibility to add these new units to my own ORBAT’s in a “cherry picking” fashion.  Are all of the new AFV’s/teams freely available for individual selection in the “Single Vehicles” and “Specialist Teams” menus of the Scenario Editor or are they solely embedded in the “Formations?”  Ideally, I would also prefer to avoid a scattershot situation where some of the new units are available for individual selection while a subset can only be found within Formations.

Reading the archives, there seemed to have been some confusion how to activate the Pack when it was launched regarding the correct license key(s) to use when prompted.  Are the installation instructions on the BFC site still accurate now that V4 of CMBN is available (i.e. I will need to supply all of my module and V4 keys to activate the Pack - launch game supply V4 key > use “Activate” shortcut to activate each module)?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by Peter Panzer
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Peter Panzer said:

 

I was considering buying the Vehicle Pack, however I had a few quick questions first…

I am looking for the flexibility to add these new units to my own ORBAT’s in a “cherry picking” fashion.  Are all of the new AFV’s/teams freely available for individual selection in the “Single Vehicles” and “Specialist Teams” menus of the Scenario Editor or are they solely embedded in the “Formations?”  Ideally, I would also prefer to avoid a scattershot situation where some of the new units are available for individual selection while a subset can only be found within Formations.

 

The vehicles from the vehicle pack show up under the  single vehicles list. Some of them won't show up unless you set the date to after when they were introduced (the M12 GMC is an example of this I believe)

You should be able to pick and chose to your hearts content!

 

As for your second question, I'm not sure. Now that v4 is out there is a new way the license keys are handled, but I'm not well versed enough in the new procedures to lend you advice. I'm sure others here can help you with that. All I can say is that the new license procedure is supposed to make everything easier, so hopefully that is the case and it ends up being easy for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

The vehicles from the vehicle pack show up under the  single vehicles list.

@IICptMillerII Thanks for the clear explanation - I was hoping that was the way the Pack is integrated.  I am particularly interested in the SdKfz 251/16, M4 “Crab” and the Flakpanzer 38t.

 

16 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

...the new license procedure is supposed to make everything easier...

Yeah, that was my thought too.  I suppose I could just plop down the cash and give it a go with my V4 key, but I would just as soon avoid any potential frustration ahead of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Panzer said:

Reading the archives, there seemed to have been some confusion how to activate the Pack when it was launched regarding the correct license key(s) to use when prompted.  Are the installation instructions on the BFC site still accurate now that V4 of CMBN is available (i.e. I will need to supply all of my module and V4 keys to activate the Pack - launch game supply V4 key > use “Activate” shortcut to activate each module)?

You have your vehicle answer.  As for licensing it is simple and works like it did before the v4 engine upgrade. Once you buy the pack you use the license to activate it. In summary you use your v4 key to install the upgraded game and then the keys for each module and pack that you purchased to activate them. That is the new simple licensing scheme.

The problem / confusion comes from moving forward from the place where everyone had to install things in steps. You need to make sure the upgrade installer is run over top of a fully patched 3.12 install. If you buy the v4 upgrade you can also download the v4 all in one installer which is bigger but it includes everything - the base game and all the modules and packs.

If you installed using a recent v3 all in one installer and you patched it to 3.12 then you can use the upgrade installer for v4 and just activate the v4 upgrade and any new modules or packs you bought. If you installed v3 bit by bit from v1 or v2 then I would recommend just going straight to the all in one installer for v4 and either leave the old install alone or delete it.

The new licensing scheme works well if the install is all there and complete. It does not when there are bits missing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IanL said:

Once you buy the pack you use the license to activate it. In summary you use your v4 key to install the upgraded game and then the keys for each module and pack that you purchased to activate them. That is the new simple licensing scheme.

@IanL Thanks for taking the time to spell all of that out.  So, since I am up to date with V4 installed and both modules already activated, all I have to do is activate the Vehicle Pack key when prompted and I’m good to go, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...