Upgrading all the Combat Mission titles (plus addon modules and packs) to engine version 4.0 has been hugely frustrating....

Between the pinned posts at the top of all forums, the helpdesk articles, and the advice given in various forum threads, I see some conflicting info. 

So, as to CMBN specifically... for someone who has all modules and packs (CMBN main, plus Commonwealth Forces, Market Garden, Vehicle Pack, Battle Pack) and who had everything upgraded to its latest versions before downloading 4.0, what license numbers do I need to re-enter, and in what order? Thanks!

I believe the install should have prompted you to enter your 4.0 key and then you should run the activate module and enter each of your module and pack keys one at a time after that. Order does not matter. If that is not working then open a ticket at the help desk. When it comes to licensing, trial and error and the advice of us peons is a waste of your time. If the instructions do not work open a ticket and let the pros help you out.

Thanks. In other places, people are saying that the order for the CMBN addons definitely matters. So... ???

And I don't want to screw up my Normandy install (and therefore have to do a fresh one), or use up one of my activations or whatever. I typically don't mind trial and error, but trial and error seems to have possibly screwed up my Final Blitzkrieg install....

Also, given that the activation process is different for several of the WW2 titles, a readme file in each game's install directory probably wouldn't be a horrible idea.

41 minutes ago, sttp said:

Thanks. In other places, people are saying that the order for the CMBN addons definitely matters. So... ???

And I don't want to screw up my Normandy install (and therefore have to do a fresh one), or use up one of my activations or whatever. I typically don't mind trial and error, but trial and error seems to have possibly screwed up my Final Blitzkrieg install....

Also, given that the activation process is different for several of the WW2 titles, a readme file in each game's install directory probably wouldn't be a horrible idea.

The Order that you install a Module (or Patch) may be important, but not the order in which you activate Modules.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

sttp They give two downloading options, upgrade to 4.0 and 4.0 full which I have been told already has the modules. I personally uninstalled my 3.12 old install and all cmbn modules and then just downloaded 4.0 full.

^^^

The "full" is the simplest solution. It has my hearty endorsement, which is a full two steps above my lukewarm endorsement, but far better than my casual indifference. ;)

Do the full.

16 hours ago, sttp said:

Well, they are wrong. :) The activation order for modules and packs does not matter.

The install order for patches matters (which is why BFC have a full installer now so if you have to start from scratch you do not need to get some order right). If you have a happy working version of 3.12 then the v4 upgrade will work just fine. If you do not then it will be easier to get the v4 full install and install with that. Why try to follow a long complex set of instructions when one step will do the job.

16 hours ago, sttp said:

The activation process is not different for any of the WW2 tittles or Black Sea it is all the same.