Much is made of the playability and enjoyment of these games but little is said about the pain and anguish suffered by customers attempting to buy, download, and install them. 

To claim the company is too small to issue refunds ignores the laws requiring a company to act in a responsible manner towards it's customers. You ain't that small anymore people!

claritydoc,

Welcome aboard!

Speaking as someone who's himself had a number of download issues and problems with things not working right, generating a string of posts on the pertinent Support forums and a few Help Desk tickets, too, answer me this: "Has the super busy co-founder of the company whose product is causing you distress ever personally involved himself in fixing the situation? Twice now Steve has done exactly that for me. Every single time I've had to go directly to the company with an issue, I've gotten a prompt response from someone eager to help and quite willing to move the matter up the chain, or laterally, if unable to resolve it for me. Try that same drill with any number of the "name" game firms. If you do, you'll swiftly learn the difference between real, caring service to you and simply being someone who bought the product offered. "Thanks and buzz off!

"As for refunds, a No Refund policy is very much the norm in the gaming field, and I've been intermittently at this since the 1980s! Clearly, you have some gripes, but there are people, both your CM colleagues and at BFC, who can and will stand on their heads to help you. Anything involving computers and transfer of information to them is fraught with potential problems, but yours need not stop you from purchasing, downloading and installing the games so you, too, can be gloriously hooked on e-crack!

As a final note, I tried twice to download the Big Upgrade Pack and failed both times after hours on hours to do so, but rather than throw in the towel, I went to my CM colleagues, and one, Michael Emrys, told me he'd had the same problems on his Mac, had contacted BFC and had learned there were some issues on the Mac end when it came to the Pack. Too big, and the Mac couldn't handle it. Did I throw in the towel? No. I took what he learned and simply selected part of the Pack, then later went and got what I needed to finish the job. We're here to help--though I hope you have a Mac, since that's what I know!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On February 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM, claritydoc said:

To claim the company is too small to issue refunds ignores the laws requiring a company to act in a responsible manner towards it's customers.

I'm not sure what laws you are referring to, aside from the natural laws of sound business practice and general civility, but I can attest that BFC do make efforts, indeed sometimes strenuous efforts, to make doing business with them not too frustrating. If you could specify what exactly are the problems you've had, perhaps progress could be made to break up the logjam.

Michael