FB or BFN?

Hi, 

I've already bought final blitzkrieg so this post is a bit pointless however i was just wondering about whether i made the right choice and should've got battle for normandy instead? i am relatively new to CM but i have played it before. Does blitzkrieg have any improvements or better gameplay mechanics than normandy? is normandy better for beginners? which game has the better maps? thanks everyone

Welcome to the forum.  Both are at game engine 4.0.  CMBN has been out longer so has had more content added over the years but you pay extra for some of the extra content: vehicle pack, Commonwealth, Market Garden etc.  User made scenarios and campaigns are free for all titles.  CMFB does not yet have as much content but has newer equipment and tank riders.  Both are excellent.  Can't go wrong with any CM title.  I recommend getting them all as time, money and wife allows............. 

No you totally made the wrong choice and should buy CMBN too. :)

Not what you wanted to here? I'm only kidding. The great thing about what BFC is doing is they upgrade older games with features as they improve the newer games. We just had a grand upgrade of all the titles at once (previously the upgrades came out staged) so right now all the games (OK the release of CMFI is delayed) are at the same feature level. So, no there are no different game play or mechanics that will make a difference.

CMFB covers a time period later than CMBN so there are equipment differences. CMBN has modules and packs so it has a lot more content. As for maps they keep getting better and better. Some of the maps in CMBN are a bit flat but that is not a function of the game, engine, editor but a function of the map makers are getting better.

Thank you for all the advice! I'm not sure why but battle for Normandy seems to be better for beginners due to the geography of the maps and stuff? There's more cover to offer whereas in FB due to the region, the maps are dense forests with huge areas of wide open ground which I often struggle with. After some hard work I may invest in battle for Normandy, we'll see :)

On 2017-02-16 at 3:28 PM, silent_crescendo said:

ARe the graphics on all the games the same? 

Hmmm if you pay close attention to detail, the graphics are different in terms of location and time. i.e. terrain, some buildings, camo schemes, winter and fall colors. I dunno, I like FB better. Geez here we go with another what's the better apple question.

I don't own CMFB yet but based on what i have seen about it it has better made vanilla maps, vehicles also have better textures - it has a more streamlined feel to it due to everything being made in a more compact timeline. italso incorporates all the new engine perks that stock CMBN missions didn't came with. CMBN had a long development time span with it's expansions and packs and the difference in quality can be seen in stock maps and later maps that came with expansions for example. Stock maps that came with thew base game were not as good as the ones that are being made now due to more experienced mapmakers. Vehicles also didn't have as elaborate textures on them as they do now. Some user made scenarios/maps for CMBN are great though.

My unfortunate quirk with the CM games is that they don't run very well on my rig and I thus decided against purchasing CMFB until this is fixed (if it ever will). People having older hardware can run their game better then I can. :(