Will an AT-7 fired from within a building suppress its own crew?

Green Clutch

Green Clutch,

Welcome aboard!

You are correct. Firing the AT-7 from inside a building will cause suppression. The CMBS Manual's description on Page 128 says "...soldiers will suffer a small amount of suppression from firing AT-7s indoors in Combat Mission." Just be glad it was only an AT-7!

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e01_1378005515&comments=1

An RPG-7 can, in real battle, at least, be fired indoors, but it tends to be exciting. Not sure quite how to rate this guy's morale state!

If this guy wasn't suppressed before...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5aa_1356736521&comments=1

Self-suppression--further "improved" by prompt counterfire. Sounds like some sort of cannon out there!

There's enough video out there to show that the RPG-7 can, at least in certain circumstances, be fired indoors without incapacitating the room occupants. This is plainly evident, for you can see guys not only still standing but assessing the results, exulting, peering around a wall corner, etc. In light of the evidence I've found, I think BFC may wish to revisit the automatic suppression result when firing an RPG from indoors. Anyone know what's actually being taught in RPG training regarding firing the RPG from indoors? There is also video in which someone tries it and just disappears. Oh, wait. That famous one apparently resulted from missing the mousehole through which he was shooting!

Here is why the AT-4 doesn't suppress the occupants when fired from inside even a very small structure. Still trying to find any video of an ATGM launch from inside a building. The only stuff I've seen is from a rooftop.

Regards,

John Kettler

Erwin,

Don't know what to say. Is it possible the authorities where you are consider YT subversive and have blocked at least some of its content? I'd imagine, for example, that there are great chunks the Chinese authorities would wish to keep from the populace. One such category is undoubtedly military. China's Golden Shield aka Great Firewall is there specifically for that purpose. And as the embedded infographic shows, Internet censorship is quite common around the world. Indeed, it's illegal in some nations to have a VPN installed. During the Cold War, at the SALT talks, senior US negotiators were buttonholed by their opposites and remonstrated with because the US, in its presentations to officially establish who had what ballistic missiles, of what capabilities and where, was revealing Russian military information higher than the clearances of most of the Russian contingent!

Regards,

John Kettler