Should All Of The Original Scenarios Be Available In Breakthrough?

The title pretty much says it all.....Should the scenarios from SC:WWI be available when playing SCW:WWI Breakthrough?  Only two of the originals (1914 Call To Arms & 1939 Storm Over Europe) are visible for me when I launch Breakthrough.

Still new to the game(s) so I'm probably missing something that is blindingly obvious to everyone else.  :rolleyes:

Cheers.....I'm really enjoying these games, just trying to get my head around the whole game system framework, so to speak, as I'm still very new to it all.

So far I've picked up SC:WWI & Breakthrough, SC:GC with Gold & AoC/AoD.....I think I'm probably going to pick up Pacific too, although I understand this to be an older iteration of the game system.

I'm really very impressed at the simple elegance of this system, I've played a lot of these tile type systems (including the type that came with dice & a board) and this is among the best I've yet experienced on a computer.  default_coolio.gif

Cheers for the reply......I did indeed pick up Pacific and I really like it, didn't actually notice the lack of Decision Events, was too busy fighting in the Jungles! 

At a glance Pacific seems to be essentially the same format as SC:GC, but things have since moved on to the format found in Gold, AoC/AoD & SC:WWI.....Is this about right?

Are there any plans to do the Spanish Civil War on this engine.....I think it would be a perfect match.  B)

I'd also really like to see the Gran Chaco War done, so once I get round to looking at the editor, I suspect this will be the focus of my efforts.  Is there a 'help and guidance for scenario designers' type thread for such projects?  Don't worry I'll do a search.....Just trying to get a dialogue going here.  ;)

I've had a cursory look at it, TBH I'm still learning to play the games so I'm not in any hurry to start designing, but I wondered if there was a general design thread similar to what you find in the CM forums (I did search). 

Just finished my first full campaign (Tripartite 1914), I won it easily.....I turned east, crushed Russia. Italy steadfastly held ground in the Alps (barely TBH, they were definitely the 'weakest link') while Germany reoriented west and AH ground down all remaining resistance in the Balkans (Albania refused to roll over, but Romania, which had resolutely refused to join the CP despite considerable pressure, fell in two turns). 

My initially defensive stance in the west meant I did not breach Belgian or Dutch neutrality, both eventually joined the CP, the former after a British invasion (that nearly caught me off guard and featured a twelve-month slogging match for possession of Brussels), the latter as the result of diplomatic pressure. 

The Russian defeat in the east had also freed up the Ottomans up, allowing them to first take Greece and then overwhelm British forces in Egypt.  An Ottoman invasion force launched from Libya had crossed the Alamein line and was approaching Cairo when Britain & France surrendered (German troops were in Paris and the Italians held Marseilles). 

I didn't use unrestricted submarine warfare at all until the US were on the edge of mobilising anyway, at which point I used it to the max.....Combined with the pasting they were taking in the field the effect on British morale was catastrophic.  American forces had no significant impact despite arriving rather earlier than was the case historically, this surprised me somewhat. 

The war ended on 19 November 1918 FWIW.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead