Sign in to follow this  
The Hound

Version 4 upgrade

I've installed the version 4 upgrade, game launches but I'm getting a message on the start up page regarding missing files.  I have purchased the discs for Commonwealth Forces and Market Garden and all upgrades.  Files said to be missing are Normandy v211.brz and Normandy v312.brz.  I thought I was out of the weeds with all version 4 updates and didn't catch this until now as I was playing Final Blitz. 

You appear to be missing patches (2.11 and 3.12). Did you purchase the 3.0 Upgrade for CMBN ? It's necessary to have CMBN patched to 3.12 (which would require the 3.0 Upgrade or a copy of CMBN purchased that was version 3.0 initially) before UPGRADING to 4.0. If you have access to the 'CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows' installer (4GB) in your download for the 4.0 Upgrade, then you may want to download and install that instead. I believe it should have everything needed for a full 4.0 install of CMBN (all modules, patches, upgrades, with the exception of the 'Battle Pack').

If you don't have access to the 'full' 4.0 installer, then you will probably want to download the 3.0 Upgrade 'full installer' (about 9.9GB in size). This should install everything except the Battle Pack and the 4.0 Upgrade. You would then need to install the 3.12 patch and then the 4.0 Upgrade with this.

If you don't have the 'full 3.0 Upgrade installer', then you will need to install the 2.11 patch, the 3.0 Upgrade, the 3.12 patch and then the 4.0 Upgrade. You can follow this Knowledgebase article on reinstalling CMBN w/o the 'full' 9.9GB installer .

That's the frustrating part, the game was current on patches and upgrades when version 4 was installed. Can those upgrades be installed again on top of version 4 or am I looking at other problems if I try?  

Yep! This is what I feared.  Reinstalled version 2 and now I've gat a License Error message.  It just seems that it's way too difficult at times to get all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed for things that should be much simpler in practice.  :( 

Are those BRZ files (Normandy v211.brz and Normandy v312.brz) actually present in your data folder ? If not, then you will need to reinstall those particular patches and then you would need to reinstall the 4.0 Upgrade again.

Do you have access to the 'full 4.0 installer' ? If so, then try that. A 'License Error' message indicates that something has changed on the computer since that license key was activated. So I assume that something (usually hardware) may have changed on your computer since you activated the 2.0 Upgrade on it. The 2.11 and 3.12 BRZ files should come with the patches rather than installing the 2.0 Upgrade. If you recently installed the 2.0 Upgrade, then you'll want to follow the Knowledgebase article on reinstalling the modules and patches. If you have access to the 'full' 4.0 installer, then use that and I believe it should resolve your issue with nothing further to install.

Don't run the game until you have reinstalled the 4.0 Upgrade. Otherwise you may get 'License Error' messages since those license keys were originally activated when you computer was in a different state (OS or hardware). With the 4.0 Upgrade it should activate with your current configuration and work fine.

I just finished reinstalling version 2.00, version 3.00, Commonwealth Forces and Market Garden.  After doing all that I reinstalled version 4.  The game now launches but doesn't recognize either Common Wealth or Market Garden add ons.  Scenarios show up as blackened out and game says I need the appropriate software.  It looks as if all the Common Wealth and Market Garden scenarios are in the proper place in game files / Scenarios.

The Normandy v211.brz and Normandy v312.brz files are present in my data folder.

If by the full installer I take it you mean the version 4.0 disc then yes that's what I used.

You used the wrong order to install everything. Commonwealth Forces needs to be installed BEFORE the 2.0 Upgrade. Market Garden needs to be installed AFTER the 2.0 Upgrade, but BEFORE the 3.0 Upgrade.

The 'full' installer for the 4.0 Upgrade is about 4.4GB in size as a download. I don't think (but I don't know for certain) if that is the version on the DVDs that are sent out. If the files are much smaller than that (which I suspect that they are), then it is likely that the DVD media only have the 'upgrade' and not the 'full' installer.

You will want to follow the instructions in this Knowledgbase article "How do I reinstall CMBN v3 without the All-In-One installer?" If these instructions are followed accurately it should get everything working properly.

One thing that isn't mentioned in the reinstallation article is installing the 3.12 patch (which came out after that article was written). If you don't have the Vehicle Pack, then you'll want to install the 3.11 patch (BEFORE the 3.12 patch, of course).

Where do I get my license key for Common Wealth, I have the disc?  My forehead is bloody from banging it on the key board.  And if/when I get the license key where or how do install it to unlock the Common Wealth options?  I have been with Battlefront since Beyond Overlord but this has experience has been a nightmare.  Dazed and confused!

It depends on the option you selected when you purchased the Commonwealth module. If you purchased 'mail delivery only', then the license key should be on a sticker attached to the disc case (usually in the back). If you purchased a 'pre-order' or a 'download + mail delivery', then the license key will be in your Battlefront Store account (http://www.battlefront.com - login at the top with the email and password that you utilize when you purchase items from Battlefront). Once logged in go to the 'My Account' menu item and this should bring up a listing of all of your purchases from Battlefront since late 2007. Clicking on the 'view' text next to the arrow in front of each order should bring up the order details which will also list the license key if there is a download option with that purchase.

If you don't know the password (the 'Username' will usually be an email account that you've used for a long time), you will probably want to open a Helpdesk ticket at:

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

click on the blue '+new ticket' button in the upper right of the page and request your password (or likely a 'reset' to that password) if you don't know it. You'll have to be fairly certain of the email account you have used in the past (and if you have used more than one in the past that you may have used to register a purchase).

I ordered both the download and the disc.  However after logging in to my account I found this message. "You have already downloaded the file(s) the maximum number of times, or the download period has expired." 

I also went back and looked at my Battlefront cases, CMBN, CMRT, CMFB and the upgrades that I ordered, all the version 4 most recently and in not one instance do any of them have the product key on the case.

If your products were ordered as 'download + mail delivery', then you will NOT have a license key on the case (or possibly the manual, but usually the case). The license key is only available online (for orders occurring from late 2007 on). 'Pre-orders' are the same as a 'download + mail delivery'. Since the license key is provided immediately for the download, the mail delivery item does NOT have a license key printed 'on demand'. Instead it is pulled from a stack that doesn't have a license key sticker on it. Orders that are 'mail delivery only' will have the license key sticker on the case.

Until a few years ago there were limits on the downloads (the number of attempts and time that the link is valid), but I thought that all of the downloads would have been 'converted' to the new link/service (and thus no limit - you would still have access to it).

The main issue here is the license key (unless you don't have the installer for the Commonwealth module). Do you see these in the details for your orders ?

If you need access to the download, then contact the Helpdesk and provide your license key and they should be able to provide you with a current link for the product that has an expired download.

Sign in to follow this