Is anyone in US having major connectivity problems?

Short of a daylong loss of service when someone managed to rip up a FiOS line while doing some sort of construction, today has been the worst ever I can recall in terms of numbers of drops. Hordes of the blasted things have turned my shared five ways Verizon 120 MB/sec fat pipe into not even a soda straw much of the time. Understandably, it's driving me nuts, since the prime indicator the connection has been lost is when a URL doesn't execute and a placard comes up. Worse, the spinning color wheel comes up instead and stays up. As some of you know, my computer doesn't handle solar flares or geomagnetic storms well, but there are no major solar flares and the geomagnetic environment is rated Unsettled. This thing worked better during a full-blown geomagnetic Storm a little while ago. Those interested in such things will find the ham radio site n3kl.org valuable, since it's got all kinds of material on space weather. Space weather has all sorts of impacts on signal propagation.

Regards,

John Kettler

A couple of months ago there was a break of connectivity that lasted something like half a day. It seemed to effect all providers in this area. Usually that's a consequence of a broken fiber optic line into the area as a result of an accident, but I never heard or read anything about the cause this time.

Michael

Michael Emrys,

N3kl.org shows no solar or geomagnetic upheaval today. Whether there's a causal relation or not, connectivity is relatively better today (still horrible), making for considerably reduced stress. Thanks for letting me know what you've experienced. The landlord will be here tomorrow to address Rat Infestation Part Deux, so shall have to see where we are on the long promised and much needed hard wire internet setup. Things are so bad the new guy is using his cell as a WiFi hotspot for very limited streaming. Expensive and definitely not an option here. On family plan, and my sister would kill me!

Regards,

John Kettler