Any news about CMFI 4.0 release

Hi All.

Glad to see the game is up and running. Everything is licensed and game ready, but I see, some armies selections are not selectable like the South Africans. Are they not yet included in the game and will be later released via DLC?

Im just eager to see how my research came out in the game.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

I am having an issue.  I have activated the base game, engine 2.0, engine 3.0, gustav line and the version 4 upgrade.  However, when I select Ply from the activation screen I get a windows error "CM Fortress Italy.exe has stopped working".  When I run CMFI off my shortcut it starts but shows Version 1.20.

After the v4 engine upgrade your home screen should say you have version 2.00. The fact that it says you have version 1.2 means your upgrade did not succeed. One possible problem is the upgrade installer pointed to the wrong directory and the files are not in the right place. The other common possibility is your anti virus software has grabbed up the game .exe and guaranteed it.

Check that your upgrade install place. Check your install location inside the data sub directory and see if there is a file called "fortress italy v200.brz" there. If not then your install put files in another place and you should run the install again making sure the install location is pointing at your existing install. If that file is there then your AV software is probably at fault.

If none of that helps I recommend opening a support ticket.

Edited by IanL
fix spelling

I wonder if someone can clarify this for me.

I went to downloads for CMFI Engine 4. I saw the box to download the CMFI upgrade 4. However when downloaded it identifies as CMFI version 2. 

Is this just a file naming mistake and it is the proper version 4? 

2 hours ago, z1812 said:

I went to downloads for CMFI Engine 4. I saw the box to download the CMFI upgrade 4. However when downloaded it identifies as CMFI version 2. 

No, this is correct. That's what you should see on the title screen after upgrading. (bottom right - tiny white type)

9 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Same here. And believe me, I've had a few of those, and loading off a disk is a lot faster than waiting for the web.

Michael

Umm doing the DL version is faster than waiting for a mail delivery and you can save it to a disk. In addition that load from disk is only good the first time. After that you'll need to keep following patches whereas you could just re download the full installer as it is updated. I have completely stopped bothering with disks. 

9 hours ago, Aquatica said:

Everything is licensed and game ready, but I see, some armies selections are not selectable like the South Africans. Are they not yet included in the game and will be later released via DLC?

Yes, that sort of thing is planned for a future release.

11 hours ago, IanL said:

After the v4 engine upgrade your home screen should say you have version 2.00. The fact that it says you have version 1.2 means your upgrade did not succeed. One possible problem is the upgrade installer pointed to the wrong directory and the files are not in the right place. The other common possibility is your anti virus software has grabbed up the game .exe and guaranteed it.

Check that your upgrade install place. Check your install location inside the data sub directory and see if there is a file called "fortress italy v200.brz" there. If not then your install put files in another place and you should run the install again making sure the install location is pointing at your existing install. If that file is there then your AV software is probably at fault.

If none of that helps I recommend opening a support ticket.

Thanks, it was pointing to the wrong install directory.

15 hours ago, z1812 said:

They change the title. On Sunday it says CM Fortress Italy v200 Update and now is v4. /Mac/

It's naming mistake and yes it's a proper version.

Edited by Ales Dvorak

" They change the title. On Sunday it says CM Fortress Italy v200 Update and now is v4 "

I also thought the naming convention was a little confusing for the patch file.  Saying CMFI 4.0 upgrade is available and then labeling it as CMFI 2.0 upgrade as a file is just asking for confusion.  I understand the naming conventions BFC uses for their engines, but that's only because I read the forums and happened to see the explanation.  Someone just coming over to update might have a question or two about having the right file.

so when is the V4.0 for CMFI going to be posted because I still see my old prepurchase information and no new updated MB's.

never mind I see the file.. duh!.

SO I unzip and its still v2.00? so was april fools on me i guess.

I see in readme it says v4.0 but now my license key doesn't work.. Damn you Russian StarForce!!!

cannot activate license key is null 

Probably should not show your key on a public forum.  Suggest editing it out and only providing it direct to BFC if requested.

CMFI v2.00 is the Engine 4 upgrade / full installer.  Each individual title has its own version number, but the "Engine 4" upgrade is available for all WW2 titles + CMBS, but they have different internal version numbers.

Edited by akd

I swear every time someone explains the version numbering scheme, it gets slightly more confusing.  Seems like someone at BFC sees the issue if they changed the file name.

btw, 4.0 isn't available for just WW2 titles.  Its available for CMBS as well.  Because we all know what the next questions would be.

Edited by Thewood1

Yes, there is a disconnect between the individual title version numbers and the naming scheme for the engine upgrades that confuses even BFC at times. Best to think of it as "Game Engine 4" upgrade for CMFI rather than "CMFI v4.00."  ;)

Edited by akd

26 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

First quarter of this year is gone now. Upgrades are finished. Any hope for an Eastern bone perhaps? Road ahead and stuff.

I don't know if you saw the below.  It was posted over at grogheads on March 25, 2017.  I paraphrased the posting.  I don't remember the handle of the original poster but he said he spoke to Steve at BFC.  The post claims that a battle pack for CMBS will be released before a CMFI module.  I thought the CMFI module was next.  And it also has info about your CMRT question. 

For 2017 the big effort is a full revitalization of the entire CM Shock Force Family to current game engine standards.  For the smaller releases you’ll soon see a Battle Pack for CMBS and not long after that a second Module for CMFI.  The first module for CMRT might make it into 2017, but might be just over the line in 2018.

Steve wrote:

"Sorry for the delays.  Here's where things stand:

The original CMFI TO&E was put into place years ago and (for coding reasons that have since changed) was kept totally separate from CMBN's TO&E.  When we went to make Engine 3 the CMBN TO&E was standardized and used for CMRT and then later Engine 4 and CMFB.  This meant that fixes for one were applied to all.  Unfortunately, CMFI was not brought into compliance until now because it's a massive amount of work.  Such are the joys of maturing a game engine instead of starting from scratch every 2-3 years or just letting things get moldy.

We've mostly got the CMFI TO&E straightened out and compliant with the current standards, but we've had to re-work in all the many oddities specific to the Italian theater and/or are related to dates of deployment.  Which is one reason we didn't try fixing the CMFI TO&E back when we did Upgrade 3 :D

The point of all this is for you guys to have consistent TO&E from game to game instead of having X unit be portrayed correctly in one game and incorrectly in another, they are now all the same (presuming we've patched all games).

OK, now onto the most obvious question... when will all this be complete?  Good question ;)  I'm hoping it won't take too much longer because it's already taken 4 weeks longer than expected.  And I do not want to do any more all night until 5 in the morning marathon fix sessions.  I'm not as young as I used to be!"

Steve

"Hi Steve,

The bad news : You are not as young as you used to be.

The good news about CMFI," it won't take too much longer "

Cheer

Edited by snake_eye

22 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I don't know if you saw the below.  It was posted over at grogheads on March 25, 2017.  I paraphrased the posting.  I don't remember the handle of the original poster but he said he spoke to Steve at BFC.  The post claims that a battle pack for CMBS will be released before a CMFI module.  I thought the CMFI module was next.  And it also has info about your CMRT question. 

For 2017 the big effort is a full revitalization of the entire CM Shock Force Family to current game engine standards.  For the smaller releases you’ll soon see a Battle Pack for CMBS and not long after that a second Module for CMFI.  The first module for CMRT might make it into 2017, but might be just over the line in 2018.

Thank you. Yes, I've missed that post apparently. Steve said that CMRT might make it into 2017, or the beginning of 2018. I would like to see some more details, especially about CMRT, like will the Waffen SS be included and so on. CMSF is welcome and deserves more attention. CMBS Battle Pack, hopefully including some interesting NATO armies. Second Module for CMFI, very nice but not thrilled. But CMRT is my cup of tea and I hope it will be a BIG expansion on what we have now. Good news is that there is still a lot of time to work on it. Bad news, well, I guess we've learned that patience is a virtue by now and waiting will be rewarded.