BF's Line in the Sand (or, things you'll likely never see in CM)

gnarly

Very interesting,  Or maybe this one....

Dear Mrs,  

It is with deep sadness and regret that we inform you and your family of death of you loved one.  During the course of fifty minute firefight the batteries of my battalion commanders mouse suddenly became inoperative thereby causing the tragic and inadvertent death of his squad and some attached tanks which were operating in support.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, markus544 said:

During the course of fifty minute firefight the batteries of my battalion commanders mouse suddenly became inoperative...

...Due to a dastardly EMP by our cowardly underhanded enemy. But I promise you that your loved one's untimely death will not be in vain for soon we will employ our own EMP.

Michael

Sorry a little off topic now but couldn't resist. This is probably most of us...

"Dear Mrs,

your son died heroically when his commander, recently returned from a full day at the office with an alcoholic beverage (or two) in hand, took command in a tired and half drunken state of mind. Despite his inheberiated state, the Commander was confident of his abilities and that he was of sound mind. He ordered your son's unit to assault the enemy's fortified position without support or covering fire saying 'My boys... they've got this.' The assault was a failure but the Commander wants to inform you that your boy was avenged with a follow up massive artillery strike and that the explosions were pretty."

13 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Sorry a little off topic now but couldn't resist. This is probably most of us...

"Dear Mrs,

your son died heroically when his commander, recently returned from a full day at the office with an alcoholic beverage (or two) in hand, took command in a tired and half drunken state of mind. Despite his inheberiated state, the Commander was confident of his abilities and that he was of sound mind. He ordered your son's unit to assault the enemy's fortified position without support or covering fire saying 'My boys... they've got this.' The assault was a failure but the Commander wants to inform you that your boy was avenged with a follow up massive artillery strike and that the explosions were pretty."

Guilty as charged :D

Anything even vaguely resembling a satisfactory explanation for this recent test scenario I made:

tankguntest.btt

Download & play as red, check out your guys, then check out the guys that crushed you.  :rolleyes:

Then try it again at the next closer deployment zone.....The difference is night and day!  :o

I thought quality was supposed to be everything, seems to me range is a MUCH bigger factor!  :mellow:

PS - Further experimentation has found that the Red force can win at the longer range if they are given +2 Leadership, but only two of their assets survived the encounter on the first run with these settings. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead