I apologize if this matter has already been discussed elsewhere but I was unable to find any relevant information about it.

I'm planning to upgrade to Engine 4 the whole of WWII CM installs I have on mine machines but I haven't upgraded any of them to the latest OS, and I would prefer not to nor do I feel the need.

It seems to install Engine 4 for CMBN you do need it upgraded first to CMBN v.3.12: to upgrade it to that version from this page

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2306&Itemid=518

---->>> MAC (10.9 or later)

I have CMBN v.3.11 installed and I'm reading this requirement hence I've not patched any of my installs: con someone please confirm this is absolutely required or it may work with Mountain Lion too? Will I find this kind of blocks for CMFI, CMRT and CMFB too? this is becoming worrisome...

Any pointer / advise / report would be most welcomed.

S.

If you have an external hard disk it should be fairly straightforward to clone your boot volume with (for example) SuperDuper!, then boot from that external disk, then try installing the update and 4.0 and see if it works.  If it doesn't work, you can revert to booting from the internal disk.  If it does work, boot from the internal disk and do the install again there (or clone the external disk back onto the internal disk).

I understand completely the desire to stay with 10.8.  I only recently went from 10.8 to 10.11.  10.8 was better, but I need the security updates that come with 10.11 :-/

Thanks axxe, that would be an option.

But again I'm not sure I'm willing to spend on an update I will not be able to use.

As for the Apple OS update policy is a rip-off that includes a mandatory call to upgrade your machine while I have some old macs still working perfectly and I do not find it really necessary to buy new computers. Besides I suspect the new OS X  has so many hidden routines that control your installs and what not I'm not really happy to conform to. I even find frustrating I have to pass through the Apple Store to install any program, freeware included, not to speak of its annoying insistence to upgrade iTunes to the latest version that is completely messing up with my music collection: i.e. when I mistakenly upgraded it on one machine all my library was not accessible anymore by the old macs I used to play music where iTunes was not supported anymore...