New map maker

I'd say I'm a noob at creating maps but I've been working on this map for about a couple  months now and have started over about 2-3 times. Anyways I'm having trouble with making the A.I stay in specific area. When i start the scenario to test it, all the troops move towards the top left corner of the map. Yes i have deployed them in the scenario editor and made there spawn zone and so on. Also I've ran out on ideas on what to add and what to get rid of for this scenario. I plan on making a campaign if people enjoy the map.

Out of frustration I deleted all of the troops to see if it was something like that so that's why their isn't any troops in the file right now.

Still working on a better name for the scenario 

Hill assault .btt

Edited by Dutchman1997

My little trick (I don't know if its entirely kosher) is this:

You know how in the AI section Group 1 will have menu items Setup, then Order 1, Order  2, Order 3, etc? DO NOT paint a setup zone into Setup, the units assigned to that group will be locked in place at game start where you put them. If you paint an area into the Setup order you're telling the AI "Fit the groups somewhere in this area."

If its just one or two units that are giving you trouble (like a bunker or sniper or foxholes) Give that offending unit its own Group by itself (I usually assign all my stationary units to Group 1). That unit will be locked in place while the other Groups can follow AI setup zone instructions.

4 hours ago, Dutchman1997 said:

Anyways I'm having trouble with making the A.I stay in specific area. When i start the scenario to test it, all the troops move towards the top left corner of the map.

It sounds like you set a movement order by mistake. Try selecting AI group 1 and see if they have any movement orders. If so, delete the order.

@Dutchman1997 first of all - well done for clicking the 'scenario editor' button and trying to make something for everyone's benefit.

To solve your problem I have rummaged around your scenario and the problem is that you have not assigned AI groups.  Looking at it you have created AI plans for Axis Group 1, Axis Group 2, Axis Group 3 and Axis Group 4.  However you have not assigned those groups in the 'Units' part of the editor - you do this by selecting the unit and hitting the appropriate 'F' key (i.e. F4 = AI Group 4).  While this relates to CMSF the mechanics are the same for CMFB, here's how to do it ....

@Dutchman1997

Kudos for wanting to make a scenario but you are perhaps being a little ambitious in starting with so many units. My tip would be to start small and keep testing how things work until you are getting the result you want, then start to expand the number of units etc.

On the Allied side as I see it all units start the game in the positions you have placed them, and because you have not painted any set up zones for them there is no reason for them to move

On the axis side as Combatintman stated you have no AI groups and so they all default to group 1 and on starting the game as US the axis units all move (once you have started the game clock) into the small set up zone you have created for group one. 

Things are working as they should. You need to understand what you need to do to get the result you are after. If you can be more specific as to what you are trying to achieve we can try to help. It would help to start with to have less units in play as it makes it easier/quicker to keep switching between the editor, set up zones and game play.

P

Edited by Pete Wenman