Winter Mod Scenario Ideas for E4

kevinkin

With Game Engine 4 released, perhaps we can revisit some 43-44 winter combat with the new capabilities before winter is over. I would enjoy putting one together. Post ideas you might have and let's have at it. Many have seen this video, But for those who have not ...

Kevin

I am pretty sure they are from the original mod. kohlenklau may have updated the mod but that video was shot using my scenario A Lot Too Late (Cherkassy) with the original mod in place. Anything related to Cherkassy would be appropriate. I have a copy of Hell's Gate. But perhaps we can wait a few days for others to give feedback. 

Kevin

1 hour ago, kevinkin said:

I am pretty sure they are from the original mod. kohlenklau may have updated the mod but that video was shot using my scenario A Lot Too Late (Cherkassy) with the original mod in place. Anything related to Cherkassy would be appropriate. I have a copy of Hell's Gate. But perhaps we can wait a few days for others to give feedback. 

Kevin

I may be wrong, Kevin. Sometimes I simply lose overview. I'll check my mods and compare it to the latest version.

Edited by Aragorn2002

22 minutes ago, kevinkin said:

That's the CMRT Winter Mod and it can be found here

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?paged=9

That starts with the basic terrain mods. You will need to d/l the other items to suit your taste. Those materials were uploaded after the terrain mod but around the same time.

Kevin

But that's precisely my point, Kevin. I did d/l all of them, but can't remember those balaclava's. I'm a huge fan of this winter mod. Might have something to do with which uniform you chose. I will take a thorough look.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Going from memory because I'm not at my comp, but I think you're looking for "scarves" uniform mods. I made some of my own mods for Finns in greatcoats and winter camo, and used some of the "scarves" textures/models from FB and the mod you're looking for. I'll check when I get a chance and can Dropbox invite you if I find the one you want, Aragon.

21 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Going from memory because I'm not at my comp, but I think you're looking for "scarves" uniform mods. I made some of my own mods for Finns in greatcoats and winter camo, and used some of the "scarves" textures/models from FB and the mod you're looking for. I'll check when I get a chance and can Dropbox invite you if I find the one you want, Aragon.

I would appreciate that, mjkerner. Thank you.

Never mind, Aragorn, my memory sux.  I was thinking of Kohlenklau's Cholm mods, where he named the winter white smocks and overcoats mod "shawls". Interestingly, I can't find the mod you're looking for either, though.  I have it...somewhere.  IIRC (which as I have just pointed out, sux) the mod uses the toque/balaclava textures and models from FB.  If I do find it, I'll let you know.

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Now Kohlenklau is on leave, I could use some help in finishing my eternal scenario, Kevin. :) AI stuff and such.

If that's for the winter mod, why don't we collaborate. Otherwise, I have been looking at Narva ( Auvere Station; Feb 13 1944). Not a lot of tactical detail available - at least in quick look last night. If not Narva, then back to Korsun. All are solid options. 

Kevin

3 hours ago, kevinkin said:

If that's for the winter mod, why don't we collaborate. Otherwise, I have been looking at Narva ( Auvere Station; Feb 13 1944). Not a lot of tactical detail available - at least in quick look last night. If not Narva, then back to Korsun. All are solid options. 

Kevin

It's not for the winter mod, Kevin. Personally I think Korsun is by far the most interesting option.