Sign in to follow this  
WynnterGreen

All Units Typical Malfunction

Since upgrading to 4.0 Normandy Commonwealth, I've noticed that when I purchase units the engine doesn't randomise units set to Typical properly beyond your first Formation.

The first formation will randomise properly, but all subsequent Formations or Teams will not randomise properly.

Example, first purchase was a US Infantry Battalion, it randomises properly, all units are randomised.

I then purchase a US Medium Tank Battalion, still set to Typical. Every unit is Veteran, Low, -2.

I then buy a Light Tank Battalion, every unit is Regular, High, +1.

Also, with teams, just for demonstration sake, I buy 5 x Bazooka M1A1 Teams for an Infantry Platoon, if the first unit is Veteran, Normal, Leadership +1, all the subsequent Teams purchased for that unit will have the some stats.

It doesn't have to be the same type of Team either, if I buy a Bazooka Team for a Platoon and it's Veteran, Normal, +1, a BAR Team added to the same Platoon will have the same 'random' stats as the Bazooka Team.

Do you have all the modules for CMBN? Sometimes they fix stuff in  the different modules that are for the whole game, you would have to purchase and probably listed as other bugs in the readme fixes

Edited by user1000

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

Do you have all the modules for CMBN? Sometimes they fix stuff in  the different modules that are for the whole game, you would have to purchase and probably listed as other bugs in the readme fixes

Nope...You don't need other Modules to fix things as Patches (related to other modules) do that.

ex; If you just buy CMBN+CW only, then downloading all patches after that will work (don't need MG, etc).

just click on the Battles for Normandy Commonwealth and download the patches. http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_versions&Itemid=317#Combat

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

On January 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM, WynnterGreen said:

Since upgrading to 4.0 Normandy Commonwealth, I've noticed that when I purchase units the engine doesn't randomise units set to Typical properly beyond your first Formation.

The first formation will randomise properly, but all subsequent Formations or Teams will not randomise properly.

Example, first purchase was a US Infantry Battalion, it randomises properly, all units are randomised.

I then purchase a US Medium Tank Battalion, still set to Typical. Every unit is Veteran, Low, -2.

I then buy a Light Tank Battalion, every unit is Regular, High, +1.

Also, with teams, just for demonstration sake, I buy 5 x Bazooka M1A1 Teams for an Infantry Platoon, if the first unit is Veteran, Normal, Leadership +1, all the subsequent Teams purchased for that unit will have the some stats.

It doesn't have to be the same type of Team either, if I buy a Bazooka Team for a Platoon and it's Veteran, Normal, +1, a BAR Team added to the same Platoon will have the same 'random' stats as the Bazooka Team.

I have been noticing the same thing for some time now, even pre-v4. I always check the stats on my troops and make such adjustments as I deem necessary. The deal seems to be that all units in a platoon seem to parrot the stats of the platoon leader, whatever those happen to be.

Michael

Can't say I've noticed this and I've been deep into the unit editor lately (new V4.0 scen in the works) But that doesn't mean you're wrong.  I'll check into this tomorrow and report back to you here.  Thank You for posting.

This is in Quick Battle purchasing by the way....... definitely happening in every game I've set up since 4.0

Not sure about last patch, I haven't played for a while and memory fails me.

Edited by WynnterGreen

Took me some time to get back to you.  I can confirm I see what you see.  Doesn't seem at all correct and I will report it.  Thanks for taking time to post this.  It's how things get fixed.

CM QB Unit lock 01.jpg

CM QB Unit lock 02.jpg

CM QB Unit lock 03.jpg

Edited by MarkEzra
add info

Sign in to follow this