I'm trying to help my dad with CMBN installation.

Here are the separate file components he had;

- CMBN disc

-CMBN Commonwealth Forces Disc

-CMBN upgrade V2

- CMBN Operation Market Garden Disc

- CMBN Upgrade 3+4 Windows bundle Downloaded files.

After having trouble downloading version 4, I finally managed to get it installed, however his two add on modules were not present. I read some of the forum and tried to figure out how to do it. I understood that they needed to be reactivated, yet I couldn't find the activate modules shortcut, nor could I find it when searching the files on the computer.

I need help on how to keep the v4 upgrade, but also how to install/activate the Market Garden/Commonwealth modules.

Thank you

P.S. Whilst looking through the files, i could only see the v4 upgrade, and no v3 upgrade.

This post has various trouble shooting advice - including how to get the modules activated:

http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/

Not sure about your PS are you saying you could not find the v3 upgrade install files? Starting with the v3 upgrade and CMBN they released an all in one installer that means you no longer need to start with your CD and install umpteen things in just the right order to get the game to work. If you already had a working 3.12 installed then the v4 upgrade install would do the job. If you wanted to start from scratch - new machine or older install then I would recommend the v4 upgrade all in one installer which can install the game from zero with nothing else.

Other than the above tips here are a couple of additional things to keep your eyes on:

When you unpack one of BFC's installers make sure it unpacks into an empty folder. The installer they use will automatically grab other files if there are any extra one in the directory.

Virus scanners can do goofy stuff with .exes and short cuts. Set them to ignore the directory where you are installing the games.

I added the PS, because before installing v4, the version that was being used was a patch of v2. So my dad purchased the V3+4  upgrade bundle for $15. But when i looked at the file I only saw the v4 installer, and couldn't see the v3.

I upgraded fine to v4, but it didn't have the installed modules, and was just a v4 of the standard game. Then I re-installed the Market Garden/Commonwealth modules (which i now understand was incorrect) and it took it back to a basic v1.2.

What i am having trouble with is essentially adding the modules back to the game whilst also playing v4 and i have no idea how to use the current disc/downloaded files to do that without purchasing anything else.

OK I would recommend downloading the v4 full installer (named CM Normandy 4.00 Full Windows).  Then uninstall the old CMBN you have and run this installer. What that will do is install the base game, all modules and all packs upgraded to version 4.00.  During that process you will be asked for the v4 key to activate the base game. Then use the activate module short cut to enter your module and pack keys - I think one at a time - to activate everything else you own.

That should get you fully setup. If you don't own all the modules or packs then their icons will still appear but will be dim.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Procyon1966 said:

Then 11 months later another guy has the same issue.  Did you get your modules to work?

if you are downloading the current version off the website (which you can do if you have bought anything recently using that license) then all modules are already in the installer, you just have to use the shortcut activation icon to activate them.  You no longer need download anything else.  The installer is now all inclusive.

DO NOT install any previous modules or patches, you will just be downgrading your game and confusing yourself.  Run the full installer and activate.  that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.12.2017 at 3:25 AM, Procyon1966 said:

Thanks sburke.

That's what I've done.  I have a command prompt in the root directory of the game which is a key activator.  However; it does not like the cd keys from my hard copies.

I'm dealing the help desk about this.

Did you get help from the desk?

Otherwise, three things come to my mind:

- In the thread which Ian gave, is a description how to “install” the activation window. Something like “make a short cut to the CM exe and add “show UI“ to the file name.

- your Dad should have a customer account. You will find all purchases and activation keys there.

- I had an issue with activation keys when I did my last update, which turned out to be a question of the proper activation sequence. I would have to dig out the details. If you still need help, give me a shout and I‘ll start digging.