Qarmat Ali 1 PWRR Basra Iraq 05 August 2004

@George MCglad you enjoyed it and thanks for the recommendation.  As to how it played out for you - it was clear that once you got into a fire and manoeuvre rhythm things started to move in the right direction for you.  As to the result - your losses were, if you forgive the pun ... fatal.  Mind you, as I think I have said before, I don't think I've ever finished your Battlegroup Attacks scenario so I will stop judging!!!!

16 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

@George MCglad you enjoyed it and thanks for the recommendation.  As to how it played out for you - it was clear that once you got into a fire and manoeuvre rhythm things started to move in the right direction for you.  As to the result - your losses were, if you forgive the pun ... fatal.  Mind you, as I think I have said before, I don't think I've ever finished your Battlegroup Attacks scenario so I will stop judging!!!!

He! Aye I should have gone with the fire and manoeuvre from the off. The enemy AI plan looks to effective - lot's of enemy popping up and firing then ducking down and breaking contact. So whatever you have done with the Red AI Plan works very effectively. Aye as soon as I saw that "event" i realised my goose was cooked! Still - had to salvage some scraps of honour from the chaos of battle!

"Battlegroup Attacks!" is easy - you have big tanky things that make bad guy stuff go boom! ;)

Your scenario is a grand wee tactical teaser, a grand wee gem. I'll give it another spin once my short term memory fades! Which won't be long...

///////////////////////////////// SPOILER ///////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitRep 1350 Hours.

CMSF%20SitMap1350_zpsnafxispd.jpg

1) IFVs are ordered to breach a wall along the east side of MSR Topeka that restricts friendly movement. 

2) Fire teams are ordered into the upper floors of buildings on both sides of MSR Topeka to take overwatch positions.  A Warrior IFV makes first contact.

3) OpFor RPG team. 

CMSF%20QRF1_zpsagm83llf.jpg

CMSF%20QRF2_zps73xi415k.jpg

CMSF%20QRF3_zpsaye64t9k.jpg

CMSF4_zps2psijvaj.jpg

////////////////////////////// SPOILER ////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitRep 1407hrs.

CMSF%20SitMap%201407Hrs_zpsbarahvkl.jpg

1) Friendly casualty.

2) Fighting across the bridges.

3) Suspected IED Triggerman spotted.  (See below for threat assessment graphic.)

CMSF%20QRF6_zpsmfnyd5mh.jpg

CMSF%20QRF7_zpshdkq6lvp.jpg

CMSF%20QRF8_zpsdisqwnfc.jpg

CMSF%20QRF9_zpsfbkfqte3.jpg

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

Always nice to see Brits.  (I think I use a short sleeve mod.)  Good AAR - easy to understand - thanks.

As a designer it is always interesting to see how people play the thing as well - both @George MC and @MOS:96B2P have gone for getting overwatch positions in buildings from the near bank.  My scheme of manoeuvre in testing was far less sophisticated.

As always a good AAR in progress from @MOS:96B2P.

34 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

As a designer it is always interesting to see how people play the thing as well - both @George MC and @MOS:96B2P have gone for getting overwatch positions in buildings from the near bank.  My scheme of manoeuvre in testing was far less sophisticated.

As always a good AAR in progress from @MOS:96B2P.

Aty great AAR. I must admit my scheme of manoeuvre was skewed by mu building fixation! Then followed by my "Grabner" manoeuvre like wot he did at Arnhem...

///////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER /////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////SPOILER////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitRep 1414hrs.

Sitmap%201414_zpszptxyxuk.jpg

1) Fire teams ordered into the built up area behind a smoke screen.

2) Platoon XO is a casualty. 

CMSF%20QRF10_zpsi3adjlsh.jpg

14 hours ago, Combatintman said:

@MOS:96B2P - clearly 6 Platoon has a US exchange officer in its midst what with all of these 'meters' and 'platoon XOs' in the narrative.  Loving the AAR though and looks like you're cracking along well with this.

:D Old habits I guess ................. Next we will have some MOUT action!  Oops, I mean some FISH action.  ;)

On 2/2/2017 at 7:44 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

Wow.  Wish I would have known about this mod earlier.  Makes a big difference.  Thanks for posting.  Thanks also to the creator @Pete Wenman.

CMSF%20QRF16_zpsav93slym.jpg

CMSF%20SitMap%201407Hrs_zpsbarahvkl.jpg

CMSF%20QRF17_zpsmr9bytpv.jpg

3 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

<Snip> Can I shamelessly plug my own version of Mord's Mixed Combatants for those who want more variety in their enemy <Snip> 

Hey Jock.  I remember talking to you about this mod over a year ago.  I must have missed the release.  You might want to think about moving it to CMMODs III.  I think the BFC Repository will be shut down.  Thanks for upgrading this mod and thanks to @Mord the original creator.  Some screenshots are below. 

CMSF%20QRF14_zpsq2d1f05n.jpg

CMSF%20QRF15_zps8rie15vt.jpg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////SPOILER////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////SPOILER//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Major Victory.  The Battalion Commander graciously granted five minutes of additional hunting time but there was still some OpFor leftover in the northwest built up area.  It was fun taking the Warrior IFVs for a spin.  Very nice scenario.  I recommend it along with any scenario made by Combatintman. 

CMSF%20QRF%20AAR1_zpsf1zzatun.jpg

CMSF%20QRF%20AAR2_zpsxfukqcww.jpg

Hello ladies !

I was a few weeks radio silence. I JUST changed and upgraded my machine. Still with a Mac. But this time,. with a beast and I can push higher all settings to maximum without worrying about performance. It seems CMSF goes up to only 1440 x 900 maximum ? 

I'm going to take this mission for a spin this week, and report back. Thank you all.

Who knows which month of the year BFC will spill some more beans about the Middle East