Modular Buildings Interior Walls Question

Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance on interior walls for modular buildings for a map I'm making.    When the buildings are placed directly next to one another, I understand that you can delete the interior walls and thus troops can move from building to building.    However, I'm wondering in a situation with two abutting walls, can you delete one of the walls and then have a door in the other wall and will troops use the door to get from building to building?   I just want confirmation of this before I setup this many walls that it works this way. 

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Yes.

Frequently you will find what designers actually do in this situation is pick an interior wall in both buildings with a door in each wall that lines up. The game will allow you to go from building to building through any door. What this means is that if you have one building with a solid wall and the next building has a wall with a door along that wall then troops will be able to pass through the door into the other building. Yes through a seemingly solid wall. This is why it is best to line up doors so people who think their squad is in a solid room are not surprised.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it.   Needed the confirmation before setting up countless walls. 

While I'm at it, will push my luck with one more question - is there anyway to change the scenario start date from 1944 and to months other than those in the menus? 

Thanks in advance!

I just butted 3 modular buildings together as a test. The default butting interior walls are a blank façade. If you Ctrl-click the interior wall once a central door will appear. You'll have to do the same thing with the wall on the opposite side too to keep from confusing players. If you keep Ctrl-clicking it'll cycle through all the window/door types including blown-out wall and open façade.

CM titles are very date/region dependent. CMRT Sept 1944 will give you vehicles and formations that July 1944 won't. So you can't stray outside the time and region designations in Mission Data. Unless you just make stuff up! Write a scenario orders paragraph stating its... for instance... "April 44, Lithuania". Just be careful only to select appropriate units. I recall for one old CMSF scenario I set it in a Texas shopping plaza on 4th of July. I set another in Central Africa. The further afield you go the less historically accurate it'll be, but sometimes you're just doing it for fun. 

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.   As the scenario I'm working on is actually February 1943 (conversion of excellent ASL scenario), I guess I'm best off setting the CMRT mission date to the earliest date.   And to think I was wondering why (and still wondering I guess) the Panzer III N isn't available.....   It will work though as with all things ASL, the idea is to give a flavor of the action and the map is based on the ASL boards used for it, not on the real area. 

Thanks again!

Matt